Analytics for Your Perforce Environment
The best development teams continually measure performance and tune their software production lines. Insights unlocks the necessary information from the Perforce versioning service to help you assess the health of your projects and teams. With the rapid adoption of Continuous Delivery approaches, understanding how your projects and teams are performing and whether your code is becoming more stable is critical for high-performance teams and high-quality deliverables.
Key Benefits of Insights
- Information delivered in an easy-to-understand format
- Deeper analysis of the rich trove of information in your Perforce repository
- Responsive and extensible design with minimal impact on your Perforce service
Uncover the Wealth of Data in Your Perforce Repository
Every change to every digital asset you work with is recorded in Perforce. Traditional project reporting tools don’t have access to the information about how changes are being applied. Your Scrum burn down charts might show that user stories are being closed, but you can't tell if the rate of change in your files is reducing or increasing, or whether those changes are introducing potential risk to your schedules.
Insights can help you to identify whether your project is on track for its release or if remedial action is needed. A simple-to-use indicator, the Perforce Stability Index combines information about the rate of change in files (particularly where the same files change repeatedly) with bug fix counts. Follow the Stability Index over a period of time to spot patterns and trends in your projects.
A Quick Look at Project Health
Insights comes with a default set of pre-built dashboards, giving you quick overviews of the performance of your projects and teams.
- Overview: Gives you a high-level view across a number of selected projects including project stability, bug counts and job counts
- Project: Shows you deeper information for a selected projects including submits per branch, top contributors, open bugs and project stability
- Hot Spots: Shows you what’s driving changes in your code—the files with most changes, who’s making the most submits
- Server: Displays key system performance indicators like command queue length and which clients are being used most (offered as a preview feature in the latest release)
Insights is highly configurable so you can build just the views you need in the style you want. Filter and select ranges of data for a deeper understanding. To access more options, simply export the data for use with your own analysis tools.