June 4, 2010
Creating TestTrack Items from Microsoft Outlook Emails
If you frequently copy and paste emails into TestTrack, you may want to use the TestTrack Outlook add-in to save yourself some extra work. The add-in allows you to create new defects, requirements, requirement documents, and test cases directly from a TestTrack menu in Outlook.
Installing the add-inThe add-in is compatible with Outlook 2003 and 2007, and installing it is easy. Download the installer, run it, follow the prompts, and then restart your computer and Outlook. You should see the TestTrack menu in Outlook. If not, you just need to perform a few more steps to get up and running.
- Select Tools > Trust Center.
- Click the Add-ins category.
- Select COM Add-ins in the Manage field at the bottom of the dialog box and click Go.
- Select TestTrack Outlook Add-in and click OK.
- Close and restart Outlook.