Now Available: Helix Versioning Engine with DVCS Capabilities
We’re happy to announce the general availability of our new Helix Versioning Engine, with built-in distributed version control (DVCS) capabilities.
Built on P4D, the Helix Versioning Engine combines the developer advantages of a DVCS workflow with the security, scalability and performance required by the larger enterprise.
With our new DVCS capabilities, Perforce Helix users can employ simple Git-style workflow without sacrificing the power and flexibility a centralized version control system, allowing users to…
- Work disconnected and boost productivity with local repositories
- Enjoy a DVCS workflow without limits on file or repository sizes
- Push and fetch to move content between independent Helix sites
- Maintain enterprise-grade security while preserving rich history and audit trails
There are two ways you can try our new Helix Versioning Engine:
1) Download an easy-to-install, evaluation-use OVA
2) Install individual Helix components for production use
We hope you enjoy these new features and we look forward to hearing your feedback!