October 19, 2016
Using the QA Wizard Pro Dashboard
QA Wizard Pro 2016.2 introduces a great new feature that makes monitoring your automated tests even easier. The web-based dashboard provides an overview of the most recent playback sessions run and important statistics about your automated testing efforts. It can help you pinpoint scripts that need closer review and determine if enough testing has been performed for an upcoming release. For example, if you include batch files in a continuous build process, you can use the dashboard to see regression test results and identify failed scripts that may indicate issues in the latest build.Email sign up
About dashboard widgetsPlayback information is displayed in the following widgets on the dashboard.
- Recent Playback Sessions displays an overview of the most recent playback sessions runs. Use this widget to quickly see the status of sessions during or after playback.
- Playback Session History displays the number of playback sessions in each run state per day in a date range. Use this widget to view trends in your automated testing efforts and compare the number of sessions that pass versus fail.
- Test Computer Activity displays the number of playback sessions in each run state per test computer. Use this widget to see how your automated tests perform on different computer configurations.
- To take a closer look at a session that failed, mouse over it in the Recent Playback Sessions widget and click to view it in the status tool (if it is installed). You can review the session line-by-line to see exactly where warnings or errors occurred and help identify issues that need to be reported to developers.
- To change the information displayed in a widget, click and select the filter options. For example, you can change the number of sessions shown in the Recent Playback Sessions widget, view sessions from a longer date range in the Playback Sessions History widget, or exclude information from specific computers in Test Computer Activity widget.
- To highlight, hide, or show specific information in the Playback Sessions History and Test Computer Activity widgets, mouse over the data in the corresponding chart or chart legend.
Getting started with the dashboard
- To set up the dashboard, an administrative user needs to install the dashboard files on the same computer that hosts the QA Wizard Pro Server and configure a web server to host it.
- After the dashboard is set up, enter the dashboard URL (e.g., http://yourserver.com/qawdashboard) in a supported browser. Ask your server administrator for the URL.
- To view information about the scripts you run in the dashboard, make sure QA Wizard Pro is configured to send playback data to the server.