Perforce Integration with SQL Databases (P4toDB) replicates Helix server metadata into a SQL database, enabling you to use your preferred relational database for reporting and analysis. This technique reduces the load on the Helix server for these activities. Download P4toDB below to get started.
- P4toDB requires a Helix server 2016.1 or higher
- Helix server checkpoints and journals must be stored in uncompressed form. They must have been created with the same version of the server that is being used for the replication.
- P4toDB is a Java program. It requires a standard JRE 7 or later and runs on the following platforms:
- Windows 7/8/10, 2008/2012/2016 on Intel (x86, x86_64)
- Linux 2.6 Intel (x86, x86_64)
- Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6/... (Mac/Carbon)
- Supported target databases are: Oracle 11, MySQL 5, MS SqlServer 2012/2017, DB2 9/11, Derby 10.7.1/10.12.1, and Postgres 9/10. The vendor's JDBC version 4 driver must be used.
These tools may assist and improve your workflow as you get started:
Helix Command-Line Client (P4) provides administrators and heavyweight users complete control over the system, facilitates cross-platform consistency,...
Helix Core API for PHP allows you to write PHP scripts that directly execute Helix Core commands.