Your administrator can override your list of URLs by setting the
P4VJS.HTMLAllowList property. You can use the Copy to Clipboard button to help you email a properly-formatted list of URLs for your administrator to consider allowing. See HTML Tools preferences.
For P4VJS (see P4VJS Developer Guide):
Additional security for "Restricting pages hosted by P4V" - see Deploy custom HTML pages and note that running or developing P4VJS HTML pages in a browser outside P4V is no longer supported
Additional syntax for the
p4vjs.p4(command)in Supported functions
You can now specify which items to refresh - see
p4vjs.refresh(<object type>, <object name>)in Supported functions
You can now refresh an array of files - see
p4vjs.refreshFiles(<array of files>)in Supported functions
You can now manipulate client view mappings. See MapApi support
p4vjs.nextPagenow refreshes any pending change before loading P4V submit - see "P4VJS functions for Submit" under HTML Actions
You can now use "Submit HTML Actions" with P4VC. See Launching P4V components from the command-line client, P4VC.
The stream specification and inheritance topic explains the new concept of Parent View
New conventions for stream display indicate the value of the Parent View - see Using the stream graph.
- Select a Parent View of
noinherit- see Basic Settings
- Convert the Parent View of a stream to
A user of a stream spec with Parent View
noinherit can manually merge changes from the parent stream - see Stream spec integration.
Comments about the stream spec are supported in the Stream Edit dialog's Advanced tab
The Resolve Stream dialog now supports three ways of Resolving stream specs.
The P4V user who submits files to an edge server no longer needs to wait for the submitted archive files to be transferred to the commit server. See Background archive transfer for edge server submits
- History comparison using Folder Diff
- Diff Against Head and Diff Against Previous
- sorting the rows and repositioning the columns
- HTML Tools preferences have changed: HTML Tools are now enabled by default.
- P4VJS supports additional p4 commands. See the list at Supported p4 commands in the P4VJS Developer Guide.
Performance enhancements that avoid the wait time while a large list loads:
- Workspace tree list of files now loads files as the user scrolls down
- Depot tree list of files -- If Preferences > Server Data > Number of files per directory fetched at a time in the Depot tree is set to a value other than the default of
0, such as the non-default minimum of
500, files will load as the user scrolls down. The user might see "Loading for files ..." while another batch is loading.
Swarm integration - see Show submitted changelist in Swarm.
- Automatic update of P4V to the minimum required version. See Enforcing minimum client version.
- Automatically reconnect to the server if the connection is lost. See Connections preferences.
- New option to prompt the user for confirmation before deleting a large number of files. To learn how to configure the threshold, see "Warn before removing files from workspace" at Behavior preferences.
- Enhanced Integration with Swarm with new types of context menu items. See:
- Graph depotA depot of type graph that is used to store Git repos in the Helix server. See also Helix4Git and classic depot. enhancements:
- Navigate from any point directly to the address bar with the shortcut named Jump to Address Bar. To configure this shortcut, see Shortcuts preferences.
- Syntax highlighting for code when comparing two text files in P4 and P4Merge. To configure this feature, see Diffing text files in P4Merge User Guide.
- P4Admin enables you to develop added functionality. See HTML Tools in P4Admin User Guide.
Large changelist area within dialog box
If the number of files in the changelist exceeds the limit of Edit > Preferences > Server Data > Maximum number of files displayed per changelist , the dialogs for Submit, Shelve, Unshelve, Revert, and Resolve display the files differently. See Server Data preferences.
Graph Depot features
Users can create, open, and sync hybrid workspacesA workspace that maps to files stored in a depot of the classic Perforce file revision model as well as to files stored in a repo of the graph model associated with git. to browse and view both Perforce and Git (graph depotA depot of type graph that is used to store Git repos in the Helix server. See also Helix4Git and classic depot.) source files. See Working with graph depots.
Edit recent workspaces
You can specify how many recent workspaces are listed and remove the recent workspaces you no longer want. See Edit recent workspaces.
Custom page before and after a submit (HTML Actions)
You can make P4V present a custom HTML page before and after the user submits a changelist. See Custom HTML Actions, HTML Tabs, and HTML Windows.
Although P4V is primarily used a graphic user interface, it does have a command-line interface. The new commands are
p4vc properties, and
p4vc diffprev. In addition,
p4vc submit now supports launching with file names. See Launching P4V components from the command-line client, P4VC.
Stream spec enhancements
- displays any custom fields of the stream spec form. (Such fields are created on the server command line by using the p4 streamspec command.)
diff stream against previous
- creating and viewing depots of type
- setting access control for stream specs (see Managing Permissions in P4Admin User Guide)
For a complete list about the product, see the 2019.2 P4V Release Notes. New information in this Guide is at:
- Streams Revision Graph
- Support for P4V connecting to a Helix Core server that uses Helix Authentication Service - see Step 5 at Connecting to Helix server
Display preferences allow the choice of:
|Dark theme for a dark background with light font:||
|or the default Light theme:||
Following is a summary of new information with links to topics. For a complete list, see 2019.1 P4V Release Notes.
- Introduced private editing of streams. This feature lets you modify a stream in isolation from other users of that stream, as opposed to having changes become global as soon as you save them. Privately edited streams get checked out and added to a changelist, allowing for advanced testing and enhanced traceability. For details, see Editing streams and Resolving stream specs.
- Added the option to filter the depot view by stream type. For details, see Customize Depot and Workspace views using filters.
When switching streams in the current workspace, P4V now:
- Offers the option to perform a reconcile operation when switching streams in the current workspace. For details, see Streams preferences.
- Automatically shelves files checked out to the default changelist. For details, see Work in a stream
- Prompts you to shelve files checked out to a numbered changelist.