A project can contain one or more repositories. You can grant users role permissions on the project level or, more granular, on the repository level.
Follow these steps to create a new project:
- At the company scope, in the All Projects view, click the plus icon to the right of the Search field.
In the New project form, enter a name for the project.
Helix TeamHub automatically populates the Short name field based on the name you provide. This string is used for URLs.
Optional: edit the Short name as needed.
This field only allows alphanumeric characters, dashes, and underscores.
Select any of the following:
- Visible to everyone in Helix TeamHub if you want all users to have access to this project.
Automate depot creation and permission management to automatically create a depot and grant depot permissions for the user
This option is only available with Helix authentication and if the Automatic depot creation feature is turned on for the company.
When you select this option, TeamHub automatically grants depot-level permissions for masters and admins for the new project. As a result, the New repository form in this project appears simplified, only asking for the repository type and short name.
- Optional: enter a Description for the project.
- Click Create project.
Follow these steps to access an existing project:
- At the company scope, on My Dashboard, click the required project.
Follow these steps to edit a project:
- At the project scope, under the project name in the right pane, click Settings.
- To modify the project name, project initials, or description, click Edit details. Edit as required and click Save.
In the projects settings form, do any of the following:
On the Settings tab:
- Select a color for the background of the project initials. To specify a custom color, click the color dropdown, select or specify a color, and click Select.
- To change the project's visibility, click Make <project> visible to everyone in company or Make <project> hidden from non-members.
On the Maintenance tab you can either modify the project short name or delete the project:
To modify the short name (the string that TeamHub uses for URLs):
- Click Rename project.
- Modify the short name as needed, making sure to use only alphanumeric characters, dashes, and underscores.
- Click Update.
- Remember to update any clone URLs after renaming the project.
To delete project:
- Click Delete project.
When requested, confirm the delete by entering the project name and clicking Delete.
- Click the X in the top right corner or click anywhere outside of the form to close the form.