Locating specifications and files
To go directly to a specification (such as a changelist, user, or label),
choose Edit>Go To... and enter the name of the desired specification.
To locate a file in the depot or your workspace, choose Edit>Find
File... Enter the desired path, select All Depots or Workspace, and click
To list submitted changelists that contain a specific file or folder: display the Submitted Changelists pane and toggle the Link button on. In the depot pane, browse to the desired files or folders. The Submitted Changelist pane is automatically filtered to list only changelists containing the selected file or folder.
Drag and Drop
P4V supports drag-and-drop shortcuts for common tasks, as described below.
To enable or disable drag-and-drop file integration or diffing, choose Tools>Preferences
and set the desired option on the General tab.
- To add a file to Perforce, drag it from a file browser (such as Windows Explorer) to a pending changelist.
- To get a file revision at a submitted changelist, workspace, label
or file revision, drag the submitted changelist, workspace, label or file
revision to the field next to the Get Revision dialog To field.
- To integrate files, drag the source files or folders to the target
files or folder.
- To label a file, drag a file or a folder to a label. Alternately,
drag a label onto a file or folder.
- To diff two file revisions, drop a file or a file revision onto
another file revision. To display file revisions, context-click the file and
choose File History.
- To diff revisions of different files, display the File History for
both files, then drag a revision from one window to the other and drop it
on the other revision.
- To diff two folder revisions, drop a folder revision onto another
folder revision. To display folder revisions, context-click the folder and
choose Folder History.
- To add files to a pending changelist, drop files onto the pending
changelist itself, or onto the Files field of the pending changelist's Submit
- To move a file from one changelist to another, drag files from the
source Submit form to the target Submit form. Alternately, choose Display>Pending
Changelists, and drag the files from the source changelist to the target
- To filter the pending changelists or submitted changelists displayed
in the left pane, drag files or folders from the Tree pane to the filters
field above the changelist pane.
- To add a job to a changelist, drag the job from the Jobs tab of the
right pane to the Jobs field of the pending changelist. You cannot attach
a job to a submitted changelist.
- To locate a file in the depot, drag the file from a pending or submitted changelist to the address bar (which is located below the P4V toolbar). Alternatively, copy the depot or workspace path (for example, select a file in a submitted changelist and choose Edit>Copy), then paste the path into the depot or workspace pane.
- To switch panes, drag any selected object to the toolbar button for the desired pane. For example, to add a job to a submitted changelist, drag the job from the Jobs tab to the submitted changelists button . P4V displays the Submitted Changelist tab. Drop the job on the target changelist.
(Macintosh users: use
|Display pending changelists ||CTRL+1|
|Display submitted changelists ||CTRL+2|
|Display branches ||CTRL+3|
|Display labels ||CTRL+4|
|Display workspaces ||CTRL+5|
|Select all objects ||CTRL+A|
|Copy text ||CTRL+C|
|Diff selected file ||CTRL+D|
|Check out file ||CTRL+E|
|Close the current window ||CTRL+F4|
|Go to a specification ||CTRL+G|
|Display server information in log window ||CTRL+I|
|Lock files ||CTRL+L|
|Create new specification ||CTRL+N|
|Open a new connection ||CTRL+O|
|Print selected item ||CTRL+P|
|Revert selected files ||CTRL+R|
|Display Adminstration Tool ||CTRL+SHIFT+A|
|Get latest revision ||CTRL+SHIFT+G|
|Display Revision Graph of selected file ||CTRL+SHIFT+R|
|Display Time-lapse Display ||CTRL+SHIFT+T|
|Display revision history of selected file/folder ||CTRL+T|
|Unlock files ||CTRL+U|
|Paste text ||CTRL+V|
|Close the current window ||CTRL+W|
|Cut text ||CTRL+X|
|Redo last edit ||CTRL+Y|
|Undo last edit ||CTRL+Z|
|Submit selected changelist ||CTRL+S|