Position Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
- The heart of a startup.
- The stability of an established company.
- Software that accelerates innovation at the world’s leading companies.
Apply to Perforce today if this sounds interesting to you! We’re a leading global software company looking for smart, fun, talented team members. At Perforce, you’ll enjoy competitive benefits while working with and learning from some of the best and brightest in business. Before you know it, you’ll be in the middle of a rewarding career at a company headed in one direction: upward.
The Senior Accountant will be a key member of a small accounting team that will be responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting and will work closely with management to analyze overall operational performance. This will be a key position in the group and will be heavily relied upon to ensure accurate financial information is produced and appropriate accounting controls are followed. The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for reconciling and reporting revenue, analyzing deferred revenue and preparing/maintaining other general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and general ledger reconciliations associated with revenue
- Perform normal month-end close procedures including journal entry preparation, reconciliations and variance analysis of expenses versus budget/forecast.
- Team with Sales Ops, Finance, and Accounts Receivable to proactively manage revenue recognition issues
- Maintain the 13 week rolling cash flow forecast
- Analyze and track pre- and post-acquisition revenue and AR Provide senior management with the financial information necessary to make sound policy decisions.
- Analyze and report key revenue metrics and results
- Analyze the AR allowance model on a monthly basis
- Lead the transition to the new Revenue Standard (ASC 606)
- Develop, implement, and document appropriate control procedures.
- Provide supporting schedules and analysis during the annual external audit.
- Assist with preparation and review of financial reports including balance sheets and income statements
- Implement process and system improvements as needed by the business and ensure the appropriate accounting treatment is setup.
- Analyze financial data and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Other accounting duties as requested and/or determine
- Assist in the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and three years or more of experience at a staff accountant level or higher.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer experience with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- NetSuite ERP and Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of GAAP and the ability to interpret and implement new GAAP guidance.
- Experience in documenting and improving existing systems and processes.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Must have a proactive, positive attitude and be comfortable working in a fast paced, growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to act as a change agent and have experience in improving processes.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with other departments throughout the company.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to foster a collaborative environment.
- Possess a strong initiative to search for and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles — from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and release tracking and visibility. The company’s version control solutions are well known for securely managing change across all digital content — source code, art files, video files, images, libraries — while supporting the developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by the world’s most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft, and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason, OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Perforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Job Location Tag