Position Title: Senior UX Developer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
- The heart of a startup.
- The stability of an established company.
- Software that accelerates innovation at the world’s leading companies.
As a Sr. UX Developer, you’ll be creating concepts and designs for the Perforce Helix UI. The interface you design in our product will touch tens of thousands of users and teams within our enterprise customers who use our product to create and manage their flagship products. You will be working alongside other UX Designers, Engineering, QA and Product Management.
- Maintain a user-centered design approach as you tackle complex design problems.
- Collaborate deeply with product management and engineering throughout the product life cycle to ensure your designs are addressing user and business needs, feasible to implement, and are subsequently implemented accurately.
- Advocate for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions and best practices (e.g., responsive, accessibility).
- Strong presentation skills and ability to defend design decisions with solid rationales based on UX principles, user research, and product knowledge.
- Map out interaction user workflows that span and take into account 3rd party products.
- Create annotated wireframes (low fidelity to high fidelity and everything in between).
- Create pixel perfect visuals for product interfaces or demos when needed.
- Assist in defining design patterns that can be used across the entire product ecosystem.
- Participate on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail and working within constrained timelines.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HCI, Graphic Design or related field.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual design experience (candidates without a portfolio will not be considered).
- Strong understanding of user experience, visual design, interaction design, user research, and design principles.
- 4+ years of experience in Interaction Design.
- Problem solving and communication skills that demonstrate you know how to 1) understand user needs; 2) translate those needs into modern and intuitive experiences; and 3) justify design choices and adjust decisions based on feedback.
- Familiar with the rules of good interaction design and know when to break them.
- Hands-on experience using wire-framing tools (e.g., inVision, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.).
- Technical acumen with web technologies – HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities across platforms.
- Experience designing for enterprise packaged software or SaaS applications.
Perforce is a profitable, privately-held company headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with offices in Alameda, California; Cincinnati, OH, the UK and Australia along with a robust and growing network of sales and integration partners around the world.
Come work with us! Our team members are valued for their contributions, introduced to new opportunities and rewarded well. Perforce combines the experience and rewards of a start-up with the security of an established and profitable company.
Perforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Job Location Tag