Position Title: Software Engineer
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Reports to: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
- The heart of a startup.
- The stability of an established company.
- Software that accelerates innovation at the world’s leading companies.
Apply to Perforce today if this sounds interesting to you! We’re a leading global software company looking for smart, fun, talented team members. At Perforce, you’ll enjoy competitive benefits while working with and learning from some of the best and brightest in business. Before you know it, you’ll be in the middle of a rewarding career at a company headed in one direction: upward.
As a member our Hansoft development team, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Hansoft product, an enterprise Agile planning tool. The ideal candidate is an individual who can work well in a team environment, but also works well independently. You must be able to develop software in an Agile environment and come up to speed on an existing code base. You must have a track record of proactive self-development, and a strong desire to write high quality code.
- You can design, document, implement and test new features
- You can document software designs, implementations and operations.
- You can develop test automation to ensure product quality
- You can diagnose and resolve bugs
- You can provide technical assistance to cross-functional team members (Tech Support, QA and Documentation).
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- B.Sc/M.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years industry level experience and a proven track record of successful development
- Experience with and strong understanding of C++
- Experience developing medium to large size projects
- Experience enhancing existing code developed by others
- Fluent and idiomatic written and spoken English is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Clear understanding of the principles of object oriented design
- Straightforward and honest communication style
- Must be able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Must be able to prioritize effectively and manage their time well
Nice to have:
- Experience with Qt is a strong plus
- Experience with Perforce tools
- Experience developing on multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux, & macOS
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Experience with product development life cycles, including QA concepts and Agile methodologies
- A dedication to high quality software engineering
- A creative individual with an enthusiasm for innovating
- A collaborative, positive approach to working with others
- A drive to deliver software on time and to specification
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles — from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and release tracking and visibility. The company’s version control solutions are well known for securely managing change across all digital content — source code, art files, video files, images, libraries — while supporting the developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by the world’s most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft, and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason, OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Job Location Tag