Position Title: Solutions Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
- The heart of a startup.
- The stability of an established company.
- Software that accelerates innovation at the world’s leading companies.
Apply to Perforce today if this sounds interesting to you! We’re a leading global software company looking for smart, fun, talented team members. At Perforce, you’ll enjoy competitive benefits while working with and learning from some of the best and brightest in business. Before you know it, you’ll be in the middle of a rewarding career at a company headed in one direction: upward.
Based in our Minneapolis office, Perforce Software is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to serve as the primary technical resource for the regional field sales force and our sales partners. Perforce specializes in Version Control, ALM and Testing software. If you are a technically savvy, self-starter with the confidence to talk to just about anyone, this might be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Technical Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Technical Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers prospects at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Responsible for managing Proof of Concept activities.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Assess prospective customers' needs and requirements during discovery interviews and build custom demonstrations and presentations to meet those requirements.
- Assist with the production of sales and marketing materials.
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
- Provide technical support to sales/account executives surrounding the proposal, pre-sales and sales activities.
- Participate, perform, and/or drive in sales presentations as needed.
- Act as technical spokesperson and promote the sales effort by assisting in product and technical calls with internal customers and external customers.
- Participate and assist in gaining the “technical sale” and assist in closing sales agreements as necessary.
- Work closely with product management and engineering to be the voice of the customer and to report product performance by providing detailed & timely product feedback and feature requests to product management.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- 2+ years working as a software/hardware engineer, or in technical support
- 2+ years working in a technical sales role
- 2 years experience with Development Tools (Version Management, Defect Tracking, Agile Tools, IDE, Build Tools, Continuous Integration Tools, etc.)
- Writing and presentation skills to a high level
- Experience with account management
- Experience in consultative sales
- Experienced at producing proposals and presentations
- Confident and articulate communicator who can take command of most business situations
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with people at any level in an organization
- Resourceful self-starter who can deliver projects with minimal back-office support
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles — from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and release tracking and visibility. The company’s version control solutions are well known for securely managing change across all digital content — source code, art files, video files, images, libraries — while supporting the developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by the world’s most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft, and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason, OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Perforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Job Location Tag