Position Title: Senior Product Manager, Version Control
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: Head of Product
- The heart of a startup.
- The stability of an established company.
- Software that accelerates innovation at the world’s leading companies.
Apply to Perforce today if this sounds interesting to you! We’re a leading global software company looking for smart, fun, talented team members. At Perforce, you’ll enjoy competitive benefits while working with and learning from some of the best and brightest in business. Before you know it, you’ll be in the middle of a rewarding career at a company headed in one direction: upward.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will drive the market success including product definition and roadmap for our core version control products. You will identify market opportunities, define roadmaps, assess ROI, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet revenue and profit targets.
Successful employees in this role have prior Product Management experience, with strong technical background, relevant industry experience, are delivery-focused, and have a track record of shipping successful products. This position has high level of visibility. You will need to be a strong leader and be able to communicate clearly and compellingly at all levels of the company.
- Drive product plans that achieve revenue and profit targets.
- Own, define and champion product roadmap.
- Document use cases and product/feature requirements, shepherding them through the review, design and development process.
- Assess, communicate and measure return on investment for product features driving prioritization of investment areas and product features.
- Proactively collaborate with development teams to define product releases and roadmap.
- Partner with marketing to generate effective outbound messaging and clearly articulate the customer value of new product features.
- Partner with Sales to communicate product features and benefits to customers, and solicit customer feedback.
- Engage with executive management to align product direction, investments and company portfolio to achieve overall company business objectives.
- Evangelize Perforce both internally and externally.
- Represent Perforce and the VCS products at events, customer engagements and other speaking events.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or the equivalent) and preferably an MBA.
- Industry experience in technology and software development lifecycle with emphasis on version control, Software Configuration Management (SCM) and/or software build/release/continuous integration (CI).
- Working knowledge of software development tools with prior hands-on experience preferred.
- Professional work experience as a software engineer is a huge plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience presenting to audiences ranging from software developers and DevOps engineers to executive management.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles — from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and release tracking and visibility. The company’s version control solutions are well known for securely managing change across all digital content — source code, art files, video files, images, libraries — while supporting the developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by the world’s most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft, and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason, OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Perforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Job Location Tag