Position Title: Technical Consultant
Location: Wokingham, UK
Reports to: Director of Technical Operations
- The heart of a startup.
- The stability of an established company.
- Software that accelerates innovation at the world’s leading companies.
Apply to Perforce today if this sounds interesting to you! We’re a leading global software company looking for smart, fun, talented team members. At Perforce, you’ll enjoy competitive benefits while working with and learning from some of the best and brightest in business. Before you know it, you’ll be in the middle of a rewarding career at a company headed in one direction: upward.
Perforce has two positions available, one of them fluent in German.
The Technical Consultant provides consultancy for installation, configuration and use of Perforce products for our customers and works in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate.
While prior knowledge of the Perforce solutions is not vital, the Consultant must be able to articulate technology solutions to both business and technical users including being able to identify technical issues and requirements to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC/ALM) tools and processes would be advantageous.
The role will support the business across the EMEA market and while office based, travel to customer locations as required will be an integral part of the role.
- Development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Representing the product to customers prospects at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Managing Proof of Concept activities
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Assess prospective customers' needs and requirements during discovery interviews and build custom demonstrations and presentations to meet those requirements
- Assist with the production of sales and marketing materials
- Provide technical support to sales/account executives surrounding the proposal, pre-sales and sales activities
- Flexibility to provide professional services activities such as: implementation, workshops, training, etc.
- Participate, perform, and/or drive in sales presentations as needed.
- Act as technical spokesperson and promote the sales effort by assisting in product and technical calls with internal customers and external customers.
- Participate and assist in gaining the “technical sale” and assist in closing sales agreements as necessary
- Work closely with product management and engineering to be the voice of the customer and to report product performance by providing detailed & timely product feedback and feature requests to product management
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of previous relevant experience
- Writing and presentation skills to a high level
- Confident and articulate communicator who can take command of most business situations
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with people at any level in an organization
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements
- Ability to follow through, troubleshoot problems, research solutions, and complete projects independently
- German language essential for one of the openings
- Programming language knowledge (C++ and Java)
- Good knowledge of a scripting language (preferably Python, Ruby or Perl acceptable)
- Knowledge of Version Management tools (Git or Mercurial)
- Additional knowledge of SVN/ClearCase/AccuRev/others also useful
- Linux and Windows knowledge
- Good Networking knowledge
- Database knowledge useful (to understand transactions, locking, replication, networking, backups).
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles — from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and release tracking and visibility. The company’s version control solutions are well known for securely managing change across all digital content — source code, art files, video files, images, libraries — while supporting the developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by the world’s most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft, and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason, OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Perforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Berkshire RG40 2AT
Job Location Tag