Linux package-based installation
Helix Server requires two executables:
- the Helix Core Server, also referred to as the
- at least one
Helix Core client
application, such as the Command-Line Client (
The Helix Server and applications are available on the Perforce web page for Downloads.
Distribution packages simplify the installation, update, and removal of software because the tools that manage these packages are aware of the dependencies for each package.
The Perforce service is available in two distribution package formats:
.deb) for Ubuntu systems
- RPM (
.rpm) for CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and SUSE
You can install packages for the Perforce service on the following Linux (Intel x86_64) platforms:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise), 14.04 LTS (Trusty), 16.04 LTS (Xenial), 18.04 LTS (Bionic), 20.04 (Focal)
- CentOS or Red Hat 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, 12, 15
- root level access to the server that will host your Perforce service
- knowing whether you will need to stop and restart your server or not - see Release and license information: adding or updating.
to prepare for the choices you must make during Installation