The code review list helps you keep track of code reviews that:
- Have been requested and are awaiting review
- Are underway
- Have been accepted, rejected, or archived
To see all available reviews, click Reviews in the menu.
The Reviews page lists open and closed reviews for all projects in the Helix Core server.
The Opened and Closed tabs display:
- Opened tab: displays a list of all code reviews that have started, are being reviewed, are awaiting revisions, or need to be committed.
- Closed tab: displays a list of all code reviews that have been approved and committed, rejected, or archived.
The Opened and Closed tabs display the number of reviews in each tab. Initially this can be an over estimate which Swarm dynamically corrects as more information becomes available to it.
The Closed tab initially displays a - character. The - is replaced by a number when you navigate to the Closed tab.
Each review displays the following information:
- Avatar displays the avatar of the review author, click to view the profile of the author
- Description contains:
- first line of the review description, click to open the review. If the review description is too long it is truncated, click on the ellipsis to expand it in the list page.
- review author, click to view the profile of the author
- review type, pre-commit or post-commit
- review number and version, click to open the review
- review creation date and time
- review project branches, click to open the project
- Created or Last activity: when the review was created or when the review was last updated depending on the Result order button setting.
- Created: Reviews sorted by when they were created
- Last activity: Reviews sorted by when they were last updated
- If the Result order button is not displayed reviews are sorted by when they were created.
- Result order button display is a global setting controlled by the Swarm administrator. See Reviews filter for details.
- When review results are older than 24 hours they are displayed in numerical order within each day.
- State: shows the current review state
- Tests: shows the test suite state for the review, either tests in progress , tests passed , or tests failed .
- Complexity: a traffic light icon and number shows the relative complexity of the review and the total number of lines changed in the review. Complexity can be configured by your Swarm administrator but, by default:
- Red: ≥ 300 changes
- Amber: < 300 and >30 changes
- Green: ≤ 30 changes
- Review complexity is only calculated for a review when the review is updated and the file content has changed.
- Review complexity is only stored for the current revision of a review.
Hover over the complexity icon to display more detailed information:
- Comments: displays the number of open (non-archived) comments that are associated with the review. The icon is filled if there are comments on the review.
- Votes: displays the number of up votes and down votes for the review. The appropriate vote icon is filled if you have voted on the review, vote icons with only an outline show votes by others.
To change the sort order, click the Result order button and select Created or Last activity from the dropdown menu:
Hover your mouse over any of the icons to see tooltips.
Swarm updates the URL in your browser to reflect the filter options you have selected. This makes it easy to bookmark or share your review list filter settings with the URL.
If you share a URL with Comment or Vote filters selected, those filters are applied to the user running the URL. This means that their reviews list page will contain different reviews to your reviews list page.
The following filtering options are available for code reviews:
- Branch (only available on the project Reviews page): a dropdown menu that lets you filter which reviews to display based on the current project branches:
- All branches: all reviews are displayed for all branches within the current project.
- Select branch: selecting a branch name displays only reviews for that project branch.
- Branch search: An auto-complete search field that allows you to choose one of the branches within the current project. Once specified, only reviews for the selected project branch are displayed.
Project: a dropdown menu that lets you filter which reviews to display based on project:
- All projects: all reviews are displayed for all projects.
- My projects: all reviews for all of the projects you are participating in, as a member, owner, moderator, or follower.
- Select project: selecting a project name displays only reviews for that project.
- Project search: an auto-complete search field that allows you to choose one of the projects defined in Helix server. Once specified, only reviews for the selected project are displayed.
Role: a dropdown menu that lets you filter which reviews to display based on user involvement:
- All reviews: displays all reviews.
- Reviews I've authored: displays reviews that you have authored.
- Reviews I'm participating in: displays reviews that you are a reviewer of, but not an author of.
- Reviews I'm an individual reviewer of: displays reviews that you are an individual reviewer of , but not a group reviewer of, or an author of.
- Review I've authored or I'm participating In: displays reviews that you have authored, or are a reviewer of.
- Authored by: an auto-complete search field that allows you to choose one of the user accounts defined in the Helix server. Once specified, only reviews authored by the user are displayed.
When you select one of the available options, the list of options updates to match the currently selected filter, and the Role dropdown indicates the current filter: All, Author, Participant, Author or Participant, Individual Reviewer, or user.
- Reviewers (Opened tab only):
- Has reviewers: displays reviews that have one or more reviewers.
- No reviewers: displays reviews that have no reviewers.
States (Opened tab only):
- Needs Review: the review's changes need to be reviewed.
- Needs Revision: the review's changes have been reviewed, but further revisions are required before the review can be accepted.
- Approved: the review's changes have been approved, and should be committed.
States (Closed tab only):
- Approved: the review's changes have been approved and committed.
- Rejected: the review's changes have been rejected.
- Archived: the review's changes have been put aside.
- Tests passed: when automated tests are enabled for the associated project, and the test suite execution succeeds, Swarm updates the review accordingly.
- Tests failed: similar to the Tests pass state, except that the test suite execution has failed. Check with your test suite to determine why the tests failed.
- I have commented on: I have commented on the review.
- I have not commented on: I am a participant but have not commented on the review.
Filters for commenting only apply to reviews which you are a participant of. Commenting on or voting on a review will automatically add you as a participant. If you leave the review after commenting on it, then this review will not be included in the list.
- I have voted up: I have voted the review up.
- I have voted down: I have voted the review down.
- I have not voted on: I am a participant but have not voted on the review.
Filters for voting only apply to reviews which you are a participant of. Commenting on or voting on a review will automatically add you as a participant. If you leave the review after voting on it, then this review will not be included in the list.
- Search term: search for a partial match of review description content and an exact match for reviewid, userid, and projectid.