Reconciling offline work
If for any reason you need to work offline, that is without having connectivity to Helix Server or without checking out files, you can manually enable write permission for the files and continue editing, adding, and deleting files as required.
To speed up reconcile operations, you can set the Modtime option for the workspace. For details, see Create a workspace.
To bring the Helix Server depot up to date with the work you did offline:
- In the tree pane, on the Workspace tab, right-click the folder that contains the files that you have edited, added, or deleted, and select Reconcile Offline Work.
If there are files that need to be reconciled, the Reconcile Offline Work dialog appears.
P4V compares your workspace to the depot and lists the following in the dialog:
- Files that were modified locally without being checked out. Select the files that you want to check out so that you can submit your changes.
- Local files that are not in the depot. Select the files that you want to mark for add.
Depot files that are missing from your local workspace. Select the files that you want to mark for delete.
For renamed files, you must integrate the original file to the new filename and delete the original file. If you have altered the directory structure of your workspace, you might need to adjust your workspace view.
For more information, see Renaming and moving files or folders and Define a workspace view.
In the Reconcile Offline Work dialog, do the following:
(Optional) Use the filter pane to limit the list of files displayed:
Select Match criteria:
All retrieves results that meet all of the conditions you enter; equivalent to the logical operator "and." Use All to construct more restrictive searches. For example, if you want to retrieve only the jobs that contain both the term "installation" and the term "administration," use All.
Any retrieves results that meet any of the conditions you enter; equivalent to the logical operator "or." Use Any to construct less restrictive searches. For example, if you want to retrieve the jobs that contain at least one of the terms "installation" or "administration," use Any.
Use the following buttons to add or delete filter rows:
- To add conditions, click the plus button.
- To remove conditions, click the minus button.
- Select the changelist that you want to add your changes to.
- Click Reconcile to add the changes you selected in the dialog to the selected changelist.
- Submit the changelist.
If you have chosen to work Disconnected and want to reconnect, on the Connection menu, click Reconnect.
See also Connections preferences.