Best Place for Your Files
Drop your files into Commons and it will store them securely, back them up automatically and version them accurately. There’s no more searching for the right version of a file or wasting your time on an out-of-date document.
That’s because Commons combines ease of use with powerful enterprise version management. Its intuitive and responsive design helps to streamline the work of business teams and steers them clear of content chaos.
And Commons handles any type of file a business team wants to collaborate on—from the biggest video file to the smallest Word document.
Key Benefits of Commons
Ease of Use
Drag-and-drop files and follow easy prompts. The simplicity of the interface ensures user adoption:
- Drop your files anywhere and Commons will make sure they find their proper home
- Sharing work is simple—just email links to colleagues for review
- Follow the files and folders you use the most to make them even easier to access
Contributors can work in parallel without writing over each other’s efforts:
- If someone uploads a newer version of a document before you’ve had a chance to submit your changes, your edits aren’t lost
- View changes anyone has made before merging them or creating a new version
- A patent-pending three-way merge service in Commons allows you to view, accept, and reject changes in Word and PowerPoint
An End to Content Chaos
You'll always have the most up-to-date version. Files are easy to find and share.
- Follow the files and folders you use the most for easy access—you’ll be notified of any changes
- Add comments to any file versions to let others know what you changed or to provide feedback
- Commons knows if your file has been edited, moved, deleted or altered in any way, who did it, which version, and when the change was made
Establish and manage projects and teams as you like, aided by easy-to-use access controls:
- Create collaborative workspaces and set access control and permissions quickly and easily
- Monitor and easily scan the things you care about with embedded activity streams, threaded notifications, and the ability to follow files and folders
No More Lost Work
Put an end to overwritten files, misplaced documents and wasted effort.
- File Valet guides you through the file management process to the right outcome
- Reduce duplicated storage and ensure the latest version is being used by just emailing a link to colleagues for review
- Commons preserves your work and provides complete version history together with comments and feedback
Perforce is entrusted with the most valuable IP for 5,500 of the world's most innovative companies.
- Powered by Perforce, Commons meets enterprise requirements for security, auditability and compliance
- Commons is available on-premise or hosted, so administrators and Operations teams can have the security, auditability and compliance they need
Now business teams can easily access and version the files stored to your Perforce Software Version Management system. Learn more.
- With your developers using Perforce Software Version Management and your business teams using Commons, you'll have everyone storing to the same versioning service
- As you involve designers and UX professionals at every stage of a product's development, Commons gives you an easy way to connect them
With the addition of Commons, we're now extending Perforce across our organization to include our business teams and less technical staff.”
Commons lets you work the way you want to. Share files easily, work in parallel across teams and create workflow on the fly, storing everything in the permanent file history. Communicate easily, register your comments and get people’s attention in real time with interactive conversation threads and @mentions. Monitor and easily scan the things you care about with embedded activity streams, threaded notifications, and the ability to follow files and folders.
The Commons File Valet helps manage all your files. Simple prompts guide you clear of versioning pitfalls, so there’s no more lost work. See the complete history of files and contributors. Preview and compare docs. Track and merge changes to Word and PowerPoint files. File Valet makes it easy.
Create collaborative workspaces and set access control and permissions quickly and easily. Powered by Perforce, Commons meets enterprise requirements for security, auditability, and compliance.
On-Premise or Hosted
Commons is available as an on-premise or hosted solution. Create collaborative workspaces and set access control and permissions quickly and easily. Powered by Perforce, Commons meets enterprise requirements for security, auditability and compliance.