Position Title: Content Marketing Strategist
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: Director of Marketing
- The heart of a startup.
- The stability of an established company.
- Software that accelerates innovation at the world’s leading companies.
Apply to Perforce today if this sounds interesting to you! We’re a leading global software company looking for smart, fun, talented team members. At Perforce, you’ll enjoy competitive benefits while working with and learning from some of the best and brightest in business. Before you know it, you’ll be in the middle of a rewarding career at a company headed in one direction: upward.
We are looking for a talented content creator with at least 5 years of professional marketing writing experience who can improve our content strategy, define messaging, and create assets to drive awareness, engage key audiences, and convert high-quality leads.
The Content Marketing Strategist plays an essential role in planning, producing, and analyzing the content we create for our version control and collaboration product lines and requires a keen understanding of technical concepts, a high level of writing prowess, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Marketing assets and collateral can include everything from educational eBooks and white papers, product or solution briefs, case studies, press releases, blog posts, webinar abstracts and video scripts, and others. Designing and creating this type of content, targeted at technical roles in IT and product development, is time-consuming and specialized.
The Content Marketing Strategist’s typical day could include working with internal subject matter experts to develop the topic of a new eBook, interviewing a customer for a case study, and ghostwriting a blog post. The ideal candidate can build trust and partnership across multiple departments, including Product Management, Engineering, Technical Marketing, and Technical Support.
- Drive the overall content strategy as well as write the content for marketing assets and collateral that drives leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, press releases, case studies, white papers, infographics, webinars, videos, etc.).
- Develop the key messaging and themes for content offers that span multiple deliverables and channels for a targeted, effective marketing campaign.
- Drive the blogging and overall social media strategy and effort that both showcases our technical experts at Perforce as well as supports and promotes our offers to attract site visitors through search, social media and email subscribers.
- Grow our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Collaborate with Web Marketing Manager to improve search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives through keyword prioritization on the website.
- Collaborate with designers, technical marketing, product management, sales teams, internal subject matter experts, customers, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant messaging and content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- Act as an editor on copy written by other writers in the organization.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- 5 years of experience in content marketing.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Highly creative and an excellent writer while at the same time must be process-driven and rely on data to make decisions.
- Understanding of SEO, content development, online distribution, and marketing reporting/analytics.
- Experience developing and managing editorial calendars and workflows.
- Experience building technical audiences either online or offline.
- Highly organized individual, able to multi-task and manage demanding projects and deadlines.
- An excellent communicator with a technical aptitude.
- Experience with Basecamp a plus.
- Both a team player and independent worker.
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles — from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and release tracking and visibility. The company’s version control solutions are well known for securely managing change across all digital content — source code, art files, video files, images, libraries — while supporting the developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by the world’s most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft, and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason, OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Perforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Job Location Tag