Why Helix Core for Software Version Control?
For starters, it's the fastest version control software on seven continents.
Helix Core is version control for accelerated development. Helix Core securely versions all digital content—even large files—in a single repository. It scales for large teams, handles 1000s of daily transactions, and delivers files quickly to remote users.
With support for multi-factor authentication and other powerful security features, Helix Core is the most securable version control software for your most valuable assets – your intellectual property.
Looking to scale your Git environment? Check out Helix4Git.
What Makes up the Helix Software Version Control System?
Key Version Control Software Features for Modern Development Teams
Everything you need to code continuously and at scale.
- Single Source of Truth
- Workflow Freedom
- Flexible Branching
- Easy-To-Use Apps
- Security and Protection
- DevOps Ready
Single Source of Truth
Store any type of assets for any number of users, no file size limits
- Easily version small and large files of any type
- Scale to terabytes of total data
- Support tens of 1,000s of concurrent users
- Handle high-volume, automated environments
- Federated architecture synchronizes global teams
Helix version control software grants you and your developers unprecedented freedom to work where, when, and how you prefer:
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Pull only the files you need
- Lock files to prevent overwrites on binaries
- Rename folders and files for maximum efficiency
- Set granular file-level permissions for total control
- Expect consistent performance as repos scale
Easily manage any project — from the simplest to the most complex:
- Streams: Simplify and automate branching best practices
- Task Streams: Isolate individual tasks in "lightweight branches"
- Shelves: Safely stash work in progress on the server for reviews or task switching
- DVCS or Centralized: Work locally or against a central trunk
Productive Desktop Experience
Consistent experience across Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Global Visibility: See which files are checked out and by whom
- File Locking: Prevent others from overwriting your binary files
- Powerful Search: Scan your entire repository for any content
- Visual Tools: Time lapse, revision graphs, and P4Merge. Learn more.
- Diffs: Folder, text, and image diffs to compare history
Security and Protection
Unified, flexible, fine-grained access control with complete traceability:
- Authenticate with LDAP, Active Directory, and other sources
- Integrate the Helix Core server and clients with your multi-factor authentication. Out-of-the-box MFA integration with Okta, and configurable MFA with other tools.
- Control access at the file level by user, IP address, or path
- Maintain per-file access logs for audit compliance
- Verify chain-of-custody using signatures recorded for each file
- Undo an entire change list without losing your audit trails
Helix versioning software is renowned for an open ecosystem and massive continuous integration/delivery and scalability:
- Out-of-box plugins for industry standard tools
- Jira integration
- APIs and SDKs for many programming languages
- Field tested for > 80 million CI transactions a day
- High performance in Helix4Git at bleeding-edge scale for CI/CT/CD
Cloud vs. On-Premises
Helix Core is available both in the cloud or on-premises. Cloud makes work easy and convenient. But depending on the makeup of your team, your goals, and your development stack, an on-premises deployment might be a better option.
Which deployment is right for you? Take the quiz to find out.
Try the World's Fastest Software Version Control Free
Helix Core is free for teams up to 5 users. Download now for instant access to the fastest, most securable set of tools for global software development throughout the entire lifecycle of a project.
Check It Out
Sign up for our next biweekly, live demo.
Get In Touch
Have questions? We're here to help!