September 9, 2014
What's New in Surround SCM 2014.1 Documentation
Surround SCM 2014.1 introduces a new web client for viewing and downloading files, and many other nice features and enhancements. We made lots of documentation additions and updates to help guide you as you explore the new release. See the following help topics for more information. Remember, documentation is always available on our web site. If you have documentation suggestions, please let us know.Email sign up
New! Surround SCM Web User GuideCheck out the new guide for using the Surround SCM Web client, which includes information about:
- Bookmarking files and repositories for easy access
- Browsing to branches, repositories and files
- Viewing and downloading (getting) files
- Viewing file history
- Configuring Surround SCM Web—Explains tasks to complete after installing the Surround SCM Web Server and before users can access Surround SCM Web.
- Starting the Surround SCM Web Server—Explains how to start the Surround SCM Web Server on each operating system.
- Modifying web server startup options—Explains how to configure HTTPS for the Surround SCM Web Server and change other web server-related information.
Security enhancementsAdministrators may want to check out these topics for information about improved client/server encryption and how to configure RSA key exchange for stronger security.
- Setting general global server options—Describes how to enable encryption for secure client/server communication.
- Securing communication between clients and the Surround SCM Server—Provides details about how encryption, authentication, and key exchange work in Surround SCM.
- Configuring RSA key exchange—Explains how to enable RSA key exchange on the Surround SCM Server and how to import the keys in Surround SCM clients and servers.