As part of your Helix ALM free trial, you can also try the Helix ALM desktop client. It takes just four steps to install:
1. Install the App
Download and install the Helix ALM desktop app.
Our desktop app works with most operating systems, but if you have questions check out our KB article on Helix ALM Client System Requirements.
Note: To ensure your trial works properly, verify these settings:
Server Name: Helix ALM Trial
Server Address: tryhelixalm.perforce.com
Server Port: 99*
*Your IT or networking team may need to open port 99 for you. It could be blocked by your firewall.
2. Log On
Enter your username and password to log in.
If you did not receive the email with your username and password, please contact our support team.
3. Select Modules
Choose the Helix ALM modules you are interested in during your trial:
- Helix RM for requirements management
- Helix IM for issue management
- Helix TCM for test case management
Choose any combination or try all three.
4. Select a Sample Project
The sample project included in your trial has three examples of how Helix ALM can be configured:
- Traditional Template – Configured for Waterfall methodologies.
- Scrum Template – Perfect for Agile teams.
- Life Sciences Template – In a regulated industry? Try this one.
You can try out a different template by choosing it from the Project dropdown list after logging on.