What’s New in PV-WAVE?
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 / GCC 8
- Oracle 19c
- PV-WAVE is now built with GCC, removing a dependency on the Oracle Solaris Studio Runtime
- Only 64-bit version of PV-WAVE is supported on Linux
Features and Enhancements
- SSL_connect now uses a local system OpenSSL library
- Interapp examples leverage CMake for their build infrastructure
- PV-WAVE now uses a local system Open Motif library
- SSL_connect was upgraded from OpenSSL 1.1.0f to 1.1.1s
- HDF4 was upgraded from HDF 4.2r0 to 4.2.15
- Socket operations have been updated to leverage the winsock2 library
PV-WAVE 2023.1 upgrades HDF4 from HDF4.2r0 to 4.2.15. This includes updating dependent third party libraries required by the HDF4 library. On Windows the socket operations have been updated to leverage the winsock2 library.
PV-WAVE 2017.1 offers updated features, product improvements, and platform support including:
A full range of Windows Gesture support. Companies can easily take PV-WAVE applications on the go with them. This can be of particular benefit to field engineers, allowing them to enter, interact, and analyze data using tablet-based PV-WAVE applications.
Users get a vastly improved 3D rendering engine with the addition of VTK7 support on both Windows and Linux (32 and 64-bit) platforms. The new VTK7 rendering engine uses less system memory and increases performance.
A new SSL_connect OPI based on OpenSSL for secure data exchange over HTTP/HTTPS.
The OpenMotif library has been updated to improve stability of Linux environments.
New configuration options were added to improve support for intensive plotting applications on Windows.
PV-WAVE is a tried and true leader in the data visualization space, and the active release cycle, feature additions, and defect correction work is a testament to the ongoing research and development investment in the product.
We're also adding support for the latest versions of the most widely used compilers and operating systems, so our customers can keep up with the latest most feature-rich and secure platforms on the market.
For additional details see the release notes.
Get the Latest Version
Login to get the latest release of PV-WAVE.