While static analysis tools generate many valuable findings, the tools also generate false alarms. False positives occur due to the undecidability of static analysis or the trade-off between precision of analysis for performance and scalability.
This free guide presents several time-saving approaches for handling of static analysis findings.
- The best approaches for safety-critical embedded systems versus non-safety-critical systems.
- Steps on how to augment post-processing analyses.
- Insights into the usage of ranking alarms to identify true defects first.
- The benefits of clustering defects into similar groups to reduce inspection effort.
- Other approaches used to reduce the manual effort of reviewing findings.
- Real-world results of the authors’ experiments in a static analysis tool.
Get instant access to this resource. Download now.