Top 5 Reasons Why Developers Use Helix QAC for Compliance
For over 30 years, Helix QAC (formerly PRQA) has been the trusted static analysis tool to meet rigorous compliance requirements in tightly regulated and safety-critical industries. Here, we share the top five reasons why developers choose Helix QAC.
Why Is Compliance Essential for Software Development?
For industries where safety is essential — such as automotive, aerospace and defense, railway, and medical device — compliance with functional safety standards helps them to mitigate and eliminate potential risks.
To effectively enforce recommended functional coding standards and guidelines as well as verify compliance, it is strongly recommended that an industry-standardized tool — specifically a static analysis tool — be used.
Top 5 Reasons Developers Use Helix QAC for Compliance
While there are many reasons why developers ultimately choose Helix QAC for compliance, below are the top five most cited reasons.
1. Depth of Coverage
Helix QAC provides a depth of analysis that delivers more complete coverage of the statically enforceable rules of the major coding standards for C and C++. This includes — but is not limited to — the following:
- MISRA C — 100%
- MISRA C++ — 98%
- AUTOSAR C++14 — 95%
- CERT C — 100%
- CERT C++ — 100%
- ISO/IEC TS 17961 (C Secure) — 98%
- High Integrity C++ (HIC++) — 89%
2. Customizable Reporting
Helix QAC is fully customizable, enabling you to tailor the layout and reports to meet your team’s and project’s needs more adequately. In addition, Helix QAC features tools that enable you to:
- Review the entirety of the code by project and section.
- Identify issues and create deviations.
- Review project updates and notifications.
- Assign rule configurations, such as MISRA, AUTOSAR C++14, and CERT.
- Verify how compliant the code is with coding standards and industry best practices.
- Measure overall code quality.
- Monitor developing trends within customizable reports.
3. Command-Line Interface
Helix QAC features an extensive command-line interface which allows for highly flexible integration with:
- IDEs, including Microsoft Visual Studio
- Version Control Systems, including Helix Core
- Automated, continuous integration build servers, including Jenkins and GitLab
4. Low False Positive Rate
Helix QAC finds more defects, vulnerabilities, and compliance issues with fewer false positives. This helps to ensure that your codebase is easier to maintain and has a consistent style throughout.
5. Independently Certified for Compliance
Helix QAC is independently certified for compliance, which includes being certified in ISO 9001 | TickIT plus Foundation Level, which is one of the most widely adopted standards to ensure that your requirements are not only met but exceeded as well.
In addition, Helix QAC is also TÜV-SÜD certified for compliance with key functional safety standards for safety-critical systems, including:
- ISO 26262 up to ASIL level D
- IEC 61508 up to SIL 4
- EN 50128 up to SW-SIL 4
- IEC 62304 up to Software Safety Class C
- IEC 60880
Ready to Use Helix QAC for Compliance?
If you are ready to experience firsthand why Helix QAC has been the preferred choice of developers from across the globe for decades for software compliance, register for a free seven-day trial.