PV-WAVE 10.0 Enhances Usability, Performance and Platform Support
Includes Expanded OpenMP Parallelization Support, Analytic Usability Enhancements, and Additional Platform Support
Today Rogue Wave Software, Inc. announced the general availability of PV-WAVE version 10.0, the next-generation of the company's industry-leading data analysis and visualization software. This release includes expanded usability, new performance features, and broader platform support. With PV-WAVE version 10.0, Rogue Wave enables engineers, scientists and business analysts in a variety of industries to build high-performing, visual analysis applications on a wider range of platforms, as well as perform data mining and forecasting of large and complex data sets to better understand trends, patterns and anomalies in their data.
“We continue to focus on customer demands, and this release is no exception. The additions to the analytics in PV-WAVE Advantage focus on data mining techniques that include a new suite of Genetic Algorithm routines along with improved Neural Network and Auto_ARIMA functionality”, says Don Boughey, Senior Director of Software Support and PV-WAVE Engineering at Rogue Wave. “In addition to addressing demand for a native Macintosh version of PV-WAVE, this release also includes significant performance improvements. Building upon the last two releases, our OpenMP parallelization efforts now encompass virtually all PV-WAVE array operations, including multi-dimensional operations like subscripting, tiling, and concatenation. A key focus is Automatic Thread Control, unique to our market, which provides run-time adjustments to the number of threads so that it is always optimal regardless of platform, operation, data size, and data type. With large datasets and computationally intensive PV-WAVE programs, we've seen execution times 2 to 5 times faster than in PV-WAVE 9.5!”
This release of PV-WAVE 10.0 includes the following new enhancements and features:
- Expanded OpenMP support.
- Automatic Thread Control extended to Linux platforms.
- More parallelized functionality (most notably subscripting, concatenations and tilings).
- OMPTUNE execution time dramatically improved.
- Computationally-intensive, array-based processing is 2 to 5 times faster than in PV-WAVE 9.5.
- Analytic Enhancements.
- New data mining routines, including Genetic Algorithm and Naïve Bayes.
- New functions for generalized Feynman-Kac PDE and Black-Scholes problems.
- New function for Kockanek-Bartels Cubic Splines.
- Improved Neural Network classification capability.
- Additional options for selecting Auto_ARIMA models.
- New Platforms – PV-WAVE 10.0 introduces support for Mac OS X (10.6) as a primary platform, and updated OS versions for AIX (7.1), Red Hat Enterprise Linux (6.1), and HP-UX (11.11iv3).
- Enhanced Cross-Platform Support.
- PV-WAVE SAVE files now support 64-bit LONGs.
- New system variable (!XDR_LONG) provides user control of size of LONG values written to XDR formatted files.
- PV-WAVE Widget tabbing on Windows.
PV-WAVE 10.0 is available immediately. For more information on the PV-WAVE Family of products, please visit: www.perforce.com/pv-wave.
Perforce powers innovation at unrivaled scale. Perforce solutions future-proof competitive advantage by driving quality, security, compliance, collaboration, and speed – across the technology lifecycle. We bring deep domain and vertical expertise to every customer, so nothing stands in the way of success. Our global footprint spans more than 80 countries and includes over 75% of the Fortune 100. Perforce is trusted by the world’s leading brands to deliver solutions to even the toughest challenges. Accelerate technology delivery, with no shortcuts. Get the Power of Perforce.