Rogue Wave Announces SourcePro C++ 12.5 Release
Rogue Wave Software, the largest independent provider of cross-platform software development tools and embedded components for the next generation of HPC applications, announced the release of a new version of SourcePro, the most complete enterprise C++ development platform.
SourcePro C++ 12.5 contains several updates for continued reliability of applications based on SourcePro libraries. The main updates to SourcePro 12.5 include verification of updated third-party libraries such as OpenSSL, database vendor drivers, and certification of updated platform combinations (Windows Server 2012 with Oracle 11g and Red Hat 6.4). Additionally, SourcePro 12.5 includes improvements to existing functionality, providing performance and efficiency enhancements, as well as various bug fixes. The release of SourcePro 12.5 continues Rogue Wave's tradition of delivering improved functionality and better performance for enterprise C++ applications.
The following list details the updates included in SourcePro 12.5:
- SourcePro Core:
- More efficient stream representations.
- Virtual stream iterators and C++ 11 compliant iterators.
- Improved functors and atomics.
- SourcePro Net:
- Secure FTP (FTPS).
- SourcePro DB:
- Metadata caching for performance.
- Column constraints API.
The updated platform support for SourcePro 12.5:
- Red Hat 6.4.
- International Components for Unicode version updated to ICU 50.1.2.
- Support for Visual Studio 2012.2 on Windows.
- Oracle support for upgrade 188.8.131.52.
- Oracle 184.108.40.206 support for Red Hat 5, SuSE 11, Oracle® Solaris 10, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows XP.
- DB2 9.7 support for upgrade FP7.
- DB2 9.7 support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- DB2 10.1 support for AIX 7.1, Red Hat 5 and 6, SuSE 11, Oracle Solaris 10 and 11, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012.
- Sybase 15.7 support on Oracle Solaris 11, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012.
- MySQL support on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
“Helping developers build and migrate enduring applications for decades, SourcePro continues to stand the test of time,” stated Scott Lasica, VP of Product Management & Marketing. “SourcePro is a product that many leading companies rely on for their core applications and Rogue Wave is committed to continuing to provide relevant and valuable updates.”
SourcePro enables developers to more quickly migrate applications from tools.h++, Oracle Solaris rwtools library, and the HP HP-UX rwtools library. While many older applications continue to run smoothly on Rogue Wave's tools.h++ library, these applications can also be easily migrated to current versions of SourcePro, allowing valuable applications to take advantage of new hardware. Developers migrating from Oracle Solaris to Linux, may need to replace the Oracle Solaris rwtools library, which has an interface that very closely matches SourcePro's.
Rogue Wave's SourcePro is a complete set of cross-platform, C++ development components, including tools and libraries for database, networked, and Internet-enabled applications. SourcePro reduces time to market, increases reliability, and prolongs application life.
Customers who wish to upgrade to this new version, should request a license from www.perforce.com/downloads/sourcepro.
Perforce powers innovation at unrivaled scale. Perforce solutions future-proof competitive advantage by driving quality, security, compliance, collaboration, and speed – across the technology lifecycle. We bring deep domain and vertical expertise to every customer, so nothing stands in the way of success. Our global footprint spans more than 80 countries and includes over 75% of the Fortune 100. Perforce is trusted by the world’s leading brands to deliver solutions to even the toughest challenges. Accelerate technology delivery, with no shortcuts. Get the Power of Perforce.