Solve Enterprise DevOps Challenges
DevOps brings people, processes, and product together to deliver quality software faster. And DevOps is becoming increasingly important in the enterprise. Especially when it comes to strategies and approaches, like enterprise cloud.
Enterprises need to rethink how they deliver value to customers. (And how to drive innovation in digital transformation.)
They’ll need tools, technology and support to help them conquer DevOps challenges:
- Accelerate delivery.
- Bridge the gap between old and new technologies.
- (Continuously) improve quality, security, and reliability.
Perforce helps drive DevOps initiatives forward. Perforce solutions unite teams in their quest for Continuous Delivery. You'll be able to balance security, compliance, and control with the freedom to innovate at scale.
Perforce Solutions For the DevOps Toolchain
Perforce offers the following solutions for the DevOps toolchain.
Define success and plan for it — collaboratively. Get feedback from customers and input from stakeholders. Understand true business value and product needs before setting development in motion.
Perforce solutions for the plan phase include:
- Helix ALM for planning upcoming releases and managing every stage of the process. Add feature requests or backlog defects. And make a requirements document to create traceability for compliance early on.
- Hansoft for planning your portfolio or product backlog. Use modeling and “what if” scenarios. And see the scope of your Agile projects on a timeline with a Gantt chart.
- Gliffy for visually communicating your plan. Use flowcharts and workflow diagrams to easily plan your project.
Code, build, and configure your project. Let cross-functional teams work without barriers as they design, develop, and deliver products. And move everything through using your favorite CI/CD tool and deploy to different environments.
Perforce solutions for the create phase include:
- Helix Core for versioning code (including managing Git code) and other assets when scalability, security, and performance are critical.
- Methodics IPLM for creating, managing, cataloging, sharing, and reusing IP to accelerate semiconductor design.
- JRebel for dramatically improving Java developer productivity by skipping builds and re-deploys.
- XRebel for real-time performance troubleshooting during Java development.
- Klocwork and Helix QAC for improving code quality and security in C, C++, C#, and Java applications — in the IDE or CI/CD pipeline.
- SourcePro library for building cross-platform C++ applications, including networking and database layers.
- IMSL for 1,000+ optimized and battle-tested algorithms for C, C++, Java, Fortran, and Python applications, including machine learning.
- Zend for a ready-to-go, certified, and secured PHP application server platform, backed by long-term enterprise PHP support.
- Helix ALM and Hansoft to connect code to requirements or backlog items.
Test, test, test. Test again. Make sure your product performs securely and as planned, so nothing less than the highest quality is deployed to production. Prevent delays through test automation and formal review processes.
Perforce solutions for the verify phase include:
- Perfecto for automated testing and continuous testing for web and mobile. Verify your apps on real devices in our cloud.
- BlazeMeter for complete continuous testing with 100% open source compatibility.
- Helix ALM for test case management (including managing test cases of manual and automated tests).
- Klocwork and Helix QAC to automatically check code for quality and compliance against coding standards in C, C++, C#, and Java (static analysis for CI/CD).
- TotalView for dynamic analysis and memory debugging in C, C++, and more.
- Helix Swarm (for Helix Core) and Helix TeamHub (for Git) to automate code reviews and verify software.
- Zend Server for PHP code analysis, performance optimization, and debugging.
Stay on top of progress. Track release dates, source code, artifacts, bugs, and burndown velocities. With the right tracking in place, you can streamline team workflows, optimize handoffs, and ship reliably.
Perforce solutions for the pre-prod phase include:
- Helix Core to track all of your components, from source code and artifacts to your build and deployment environments.
- Helix ALM to monitor progress towards fulfilling requirements, passing test cases, and resolving issues.
- Hansoft to stay on top of progress, including baselines, backlog items, and bugs found in QA.
Manage and optimize production at scale. Schedule, orchestrate, provision, and deploy software into production.
Perforce solutions for the release phase include:
Get Perforce DevOps Tools
Contact us to learn more about our solutions for enterprise DevOps teams.
Solutions For Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
Continuous Integration (CI) automates the build and testing of code. And Continuous Delivery (CD) automates the release of code changes to production.
Automating your CI/CD pipeline with the right tools will help you avoid performance bottlenecks and get faster feedback.
The following solutions will accelerate your CI/CD pipeline:
- Perfecto for test automation and continuous testing.
- Helix Core version control for faster builds.
- Klocwork and Helix QAC static analyzers for faster defect detection and prevention.
- JRebel helps you skip rebuilds and redeploys in Java development.
- OpenLogic for open source support for CI/CD and DevOps tools, like Jenkins.
- Zend for best practices and services in PHP development.
Plus, Perforce solutions can plug and play with CI/CD tools, like Jenkins and TeamCity.
Solutions For Continuous Testing
Continuous Testing incorporates testing into every stage of the software development lifecycle. It verifies software quality after each code change.
Perfecto’s testing cloud helps you accomplish Continuous Testing for web and mobile apps with advanced, end-to-end support for:
Solutions for Microservices
Microservices architectures need DevOps. One of the core tenets of microservices is that developers are responsible for deploying and operating their own code.
Here’s how Perforce solutions aid in microservices for DevOps.
Akana helps enterprises build applications that are composed of microservices. This API platform protects microservices from malicious callers and aids in monitoring.
JRebel and XRebel help you increase developer efficiency, reduce downtime, and increase code visibility as you deploy microservices in Java.
OpenLogic gives you consultative support for microservices using open source technologies including Kafka, Istio, and Kubernetes.
Support For Agile Methodologies
Agile methodologies help DevOps teams. They include an iterative approach which focuses on collaboration, customer feedback, and small, rapid releases.
Here’s how Perforce solutions support Agile, so you can adopt modern development and DevOps practices.
Plan quickly, collaboratively, and transparently with Hansoft, an Agile planning tool for DevOps. You can even use it to combine Agile and Waterfall methods in one project.
You can also adopt hybrid Agile practices that enable DevOps adoption with Helix ALM. Plus, Helix ALM integrates requirements, test, and issue management in one spot.
Ready to get started with enterprise DevOps solutions from Perforce?
Want to try a Perforce product for free?
Find a Solution
Looking for something else? Check out more Perforce solutions.