The following is an interactive, web based Highway Traffic Monitoring console built with JViews Enterprise.
How to Use this Demo
This demo shows a web based Highway Traffic Monitoring console built with JViews Enterprise.
This demo uses real-time data feeds from:
- Caltrans (via PeMS.), for traffic information
- Incidents, from a web-based service (faked for this demo)
- Background maps through Google Maps
The demo has two modes, representing two distinct types of users:
- "Consumer View", for everyday traveler access
- "Manager View", such as from a traffic operations center.
The button allows you to switch between them.
On the map view, Google Maps controls provide ways to interact with your map to:
- Zoom in and out using buttons or the mouse wheel,
- Select the type of map display
- Panning using buttons, pressing he mouse or with the overview.
On top of the map, Rogue Wave JViews Enterprise overlays markers and tiled layers representing the traffic status:
- Shows real-time camera feed
- Show real-time incident Info
- The highway is colored to show real-time travel speeds
Additional simulated data appears on the Manager View:
- Shows location of emergency service vehicles
- Displays and allows editing of roadside Changeable Message Signs
- Displays intersection timing light information
User can switch map layers on and off.
The Manager can view all map objects in a list view, organized by information type. The list is kept synchronized with the map view.
You can select a line in the list and see the detailed information relative to the object.
When selecting an object on the map or in the lists, a new panel appears on the right.
This panel is specific to the type of selected objects. It can show:
- Detailed information on an incident or a car
- Detailed information on Changeable Message Signs (that you can modify)
- A history of the speed of vehicles passing a detector
- The current view from a Camera
- An animated dashboard and schedule for a crossing
Get Started With JViews
Contact us today to speak with an expert about getting started with JViews Java visualization software.