Perforce Static Code Analyzers Have Been Trusted For 30+ Years
Perforce’s static code analysis tools have been trusted code quality tools for over 30 years for their ability to deliver the most accurate and precise results to mission-critical project teams across a variety of industries.
Our static code analysis tools are used by the top 10 global automotive parts manufacturers, the top 8 global defense contractors, and a whole host of other embedded software development industries.
- Why You Should Use Perforce Static Analysis Tools
- Why Static Code Analysis?
- Benefits of Perforce Static Code Analysis Tools
- Introducing Validate
- Who Uses Code Quality Tools?
Why Static Code Analysis, Code Quality Tools?
For Safe, Secure, High-Quality Code. Faster.
Static code analysis identifies defects, vulnerabilities, and compliance issues as you code. It finds issues that are often missed by other tools and methods, such as compilers and manual code reviews. With static code analysis, you can fix coding issues earlier — lowering overall costs and enabling you to deliver a quality product on time.
Improve Software Quality
Comply with Coding Standards
Code with Confidence
Reduce Technical Debt
Benefits of Perforce Static Code Analysis
What Is Validate?
Perforce Validate: Control, Collaboration, and Reporting
The continuous security and code compliance platform provides functional safety, security, reliability, and quality assurance for embedded and mission-critical applications.
The Validate platform provides a centralized store of analysis data, trends, and configurations for codebases across the organization, providing a single pane of glass for all Perforce Static Analysis products.
Validate supports Perforce Static Analysis products and is highly customizable, enabling your developers, managers, and other stakeholders to:
- Define global or project-specific QA, security, and compliance rule configurations like CERT or MISRA.
- Apply multiple rule set configurations per project.
- Control access permissions and approval workflows.
- View trending data for project quality and compliance.
- Produce compliance and security reports for how well the code or project conforms to coding standards and industry best practices.
- Prioritize defects based on severity, location, and lifecycle.
- Manage defect suppressions, annotations, and citing details individually or in bulk.
- Statuses are synchronized between tools and Validate connected projects.
- Distinguish new issues from legacy code issues.
- Create Modules and Views to focus on results specific to your task.
- Push backlog issues to Change Control systems.
- Project Baseline support for latest build.
- Streams functionality provides management and efficient reporting of variants, branches, and releases for a single codebase.
- Web/REST API functionality for integration with other tools and processes across the SDLC.
Perforce Static Analysis Coding Standard and Language Coverage
MISRA C:2012 AMD 1
MISRA C:2012 AMD 2
MISRA C:2012 AMD 3
MISRA C:2012 AMD 4
JSF AV C++
High Integrity C++ (HIC++)
CWE Top 25
ISO/IEC TS 17961 (C Secure)
HKMC Secure C/C++
Who Uses Static Analysis, Code Quality Tools?
The use of code quality tools is growing within every kind of industry. It is especially important for the development of mission-critical software in:
See Why Perforce Static Code Analyzers Are The Most Trusted
Find out why thousands of developers choose Helix QAC and Klocwork to help them develop high-quality software that is safe and secure, reliable, and compliant.
Check It Out
Learn more about Validate.
Explore Static Analysis