December 3, 2015
2015 State of Medical Device Development Report Now Available
The 2015 State of Medical Device Development Report is now available for download. This new report highlights data and insights from more than 900 medical device industry professionals—and they had a lot to say! From the current state of medical device development to recommendations for fostering innovation to the future of development, the report covers takeaways and industry trends learned from this unique survey.Email sign up
2015 Key Findings
- More than one-third of respondents said streamlining industry regulations would foster medical device innovation.
- 61% are successfully using traceability for more than compliance—to improve risk management, decision making, and change management.
- Nearly 30% are now using a hybrid Agile development methodology.
- 57% classify themselves as document-centric this year; although the migration is slow, the industry continues to move away from document-centric development processes.
- 45% say connected devices and the “Internet of Things” have at least some impact on the design of their products.