How to Submit Your Klocwork Community Content
Klocwork 2020.1 introduced the Klocwork Community: A set of almost 200 new checkers and coding standard taxonomies developed by partners and professional services that are used by the worldwide Klocwork customer base.
Perforce has expanded on the certified Klocwork-developed checkers and is now providing access to sets of complimentary checkers and taxonomies. This should help developers save time, as they won’t need to create and deploy their own checkers and taxonomies.
In addition, Klocwork Community will provide users with a more direct way to interact with Klocwork along with the opportunity to help shape the rules that the static analyzer will enforce. However, this will not impact the certified set of core checkers for safety- and security-critical development requirements.
How to Submit Community Checkers to the Klocwork Community
If you are interested in contributing to the Klocwork Community, complete the following steps:
- Log in or register for an account at https://techsupport.roguewave.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/user/login
- Package your submission of content – custom taxonomies, Sources (XMLs, Checker Code, Help, etc.) and zip it up for delivery.
- Open a Support ticket. Be sure to fill out the support ticket with the following information:
- Title the Summary “Klocwork Community Submission – your name and/or your company name”
- Leave a description of the contents of your submission. For example: “Included is 4 custom KAST checkers covering CERT C rules PRE30-C, EXP34-C, STR32-C, ARR37-C”
- Product Family: Klocwork
- Product: Klocwork
- Component: Leave this section blank
- Product Version: This section is optional
- Case Type: Enhancement
- Severity: This section is optional
- System is Down: Leave this section blank
- Attachment: Please include your archived package here.
- Submit your Community Checker.
After our team receives your submission, it will be reviewed for inclusion in the product. If your submission is added to the Klocwork Community, you will see details in our release notes.