My Visit to the Perfortress (Sep 2009)
I recently visited the Perfortress, our beloved Perforce HQ in Alameda, CA. Very recently, actually -- this blog is being posted while I sit at SFO gate A12 awaiting my return flight home to The Shire (my home in Nashua, NH).
I visit the Perfortress every now and again, and a few things stick out about our HQ:
- It's Yellow! Literally. The building is a pleasant shade of Yellow, not reminiscent of the P4 logo.
- It's Green! Perforce embraces Green initiatives and there's a generally green attitude. (I'm not sure how much of that is a Perforce thing and how much is a Bay Area thing, but its all good anyway).
- It's Fun! A lot of hard work is done here by people who like what they do. There's a general joviality in the air there.
- It's Open! There's an open and friendly atmosphere, lots of open office door.
- It's New! After going through a "Pardon our Process" phase where jack hammers and construction debris were part of the scene, the much of the office has the "Brand New Building" feel.
An Upcoming Visit
I'll be returning to the Perfortress in December to take part in our annual Consulting Summit. That's where the geographically dispersed team of Road Warriors gets together to talk about what we're doing, what we're planning, and what new consulting offerings will help our customers get the most from Perforce.
On that note, I'd like to invite blog readers to make suggestions for our agenda. Let us know your thoughts! How are we doing? What offerings are we missing? What sort of services would you like to see offered by Perforce Consulting?