March 5, 2007
SSCM Bug Merge
SSCMBugMerge is a C# utility that allows users to perform specific delta merge operations from one Surround SCM branch to another using a TestTrack defect number. This program is intended to serve as an example of how similar applications can be written and is not intended for use in a production environment as-is. The SSCMBugMerge.zip file contains all the source code for the SSCMBugMerge project in addition to this document and a default settings.xml file. Applications used to develop this program:Email sign up
- MS Visual Studio .NET 2005
- Surround SCM 5.0.2
- TestTrack Pro 7.6.2
InstallationUnzip SSCMBugFix.zip into a directory on your local drive. Do not try to run the executable off a network drive, .NET will not allow it. Make sure you have the MS .NET framework installed, if not go to www.microsoft.com to download and install it. The SSCMBugFix directory requires the settings.xml file to be located in the same directory as the SSCMBugFix.exe. The open source patch program can be installed into any of your Windows PATH locations (e.g.,your Surround SCM install folder). The patch utility is available for download on several open source Web sites. The copy used for this program was downloaded from: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm The patch home page is: http://www.gnu.org/software/patch/patch.htm
RunningTo launch SSCMBugMerge double-click on the program icon.
- Enter Defect #’s – You can enter one or more defect numbers. Separate multiple defect numbers with a comma.
- Merge From Branch – Enter the name of the branch that contains the bug fixes.
- Merge To Branch – Enter the name of the branch you want to merge the bug fixes into.
- Merge From Repository – Enter the repository path to the project root where the bug fixes are located. This program will search the repository path recursively for all files associated with the bug fix.
- Perform Repo Get – When checked, the program will perform a Get on the entire repository the file is located in. This was added after it was discovered the check in would sometimes fail if the file was not current before running the patch command. It is recommended you perform a Get in the Branch To location first if you are not using this option.
- Username – Your Surround SCM username.
- Password – Your Surround SCM password.
- Server – Your Surround SCM IP address or server name.
- Port – Your Surround SCM server port.
- Patch Location – Location of patch.exe.
- sscm Location – Location of sscm.exe.
DownloadsBinary downloadSource download
- There is no support for binary file merging.
- If the file being merged doesn't have a current status it may not be checked in. This problem was reproduced on one system but not another, which is why the Get check box was added.