Integrate Helix ALM With IBM DOORS to Accelerate Quality Product Delivery
Modern product lifecycle management requires exceptional quality and optimal service without any system downtime. But how can today’s teams achieve that?
Integration of systems in the application lifecycle management (ALM) ecosystem is the key.
Not only does it improve collaboration and productivity across the delivery chain, it also reduces the risks of delays and faulty deliveries.
Integration Creates a Single Source of Truth
Imagine this scenario:
- Product management team creates requirements in IBM DOORS.
- Quality assurance (QA) team replicates DOORS requirements in Helix ALM to write test cases against them.
- Requirement management team updates requirements with changes.
- The QA team, unaware of the changes, continues writing test cases for old requirements.
Until all the teams in the ALM ecosystem have a single source of truth driving them towards common goals, mistakes are bound to happen.
How Helix ALM and IBM DOORS Integration Creates Collaboration
Had these teams utilized the DOORS integration with Helix ALM, mishaps such as this could have been caught early or completely avoided. Take a look at the scenario reimagined with this integration.
- The product team creates DOORS requirements that automatically synchronize to Helix ALM.
- The QA team starts writing test cases against the synchronized requirement.
- Any change to requirements at any stage would synchronize to Helix ALM in real time, notifying the QA team to take corresponding action.
- The product, QA, and other back-end teams collaborate over DOORS requirements through comments, work notes, and attachments.
- The status change for requirements automatically syncs to Helix ALM.
- The QA team starts tests as soon as requirements are marked as “resolved.”
- The results of the test cases and the associated bugs, if any, would synchronize to DOORS as a requirement of type “defect.”
When all the test cases pass, the QA team closest the requirement, while keeping the product team in loop for all these changes in real time.
Collaboration Is Not the Only Benefit of Integration…
The automated sync from DOORS integration with Helix ALM means the QA team won’t have to waste timecopying and pasting information. Instead, the QA team can use this time to design automated tests and increase code coverage. Without manual intervention in data transition, chances of manually introducing errors reduces considerably.
Traceability of data is another advantage of this integration. Traceability is important not only for compliance, but also for accountability. In case of any error, miscommunication, or discrepancy, data can be tracked to its origin and verified. Customer communication also becomes seamless when all information has a single, traceable source of origin.
Helix ALM Can Be Integrated With 50+ ALM, DevOps, ITSM, and CRM Systems
OpsHub Integration Manager doesn’t just help with Helix ALM and IBM DOORS. It also offers integration support for 50+ ALM, DevOps, ITSM, and CRM systems with Helix ALM.
With integration of Helix ALM and all systems present in the ALM ecosystem, communication gaps, unclear requirements, delays, and financial loss can easily be tackled.
Want DOORS integration for Helix ALM?