Growth & Potential: 2 Reasons to Be Excited About the Rogue Wave Acquisition
Growth. It’s great.
From a company perspective, it means you’re doing the right things well.
Which brings me to why I’m writing: I couldn’t be more thrilled about the recent growth our company Perforce has achieved with the latest acquisition of Rogue Wave Software.
Here’s what it means from a numbers perspective:
Perforce is now approaching $300 million in total revenue. We have over 900 employees in 80 countries.
For a sense of scale, when we started this journey, a little over three years ago, Perforce was approximately a $50 million company with 200 employees.
That’s all I can say. I couldn’t be more proud of everyone on our team (Perforce newcomers and veterans). They’re definitely doing the right things well.
How Rogue Wave Brings Potential
Rogue Wave’s portfolio of products, much like recent acquisitions of Perfecto and PRQA (now Helix QAC), bring thrilling new opportunities to Perforce customers that want to accelerate development, improve security, and fuel DevOps at scale.
You’ll recognize some of their powerful solutions, which include:
- Gliffy for diagrams and charts. It’s the #1 selling Confluence application on the Atlassian marketplace. The reason? It lets organizations quickly create, share, and collaborate on diagrams, charts, and other visual content.
- Klocwork for static code analysis. This tool helps embedded software development teams achieve higher reliability and quality in mission-critical systems.
- Akana for API management. Want to create new revenue streams? Simplify access to internal applications? Secure programmatic access to applications with cloud and on-premises deployment options? Akana is a leader.
- JRebel for Java development productivity gains. This solution makes Java developers happier and more productive (can’t argue with that) by accelerating Java application reload and test times.
- Zend Server for enterprise PHP server management. Drive stability, reliability, security, and performance for PHP-based web applications with Zend Server.
- OpenLogic for open-source enterprise solutions and the experts behind IBM’s community open-source support offering. This is your single source for comprehensive open-source services and support, covering all the layers of the stack, from application to infrastructure. With it, you can giving your teams confidence in deploying full open-source in-production environments.
The recent acquisition of Rogue Wave means many exciting opportunities to our customers, partners, and employees. I’m looking forward to what comes next and I hope you are, too. So, here’s to doing more of the right things as well as we can.
Before I sign off, I should also mention that all this growth means we’re hiring! If you want to work with amazing people (and I can say that, because I work with them), check out careers at Perforce.