July 1, 2014
Know More, Do More with TestTrack 2014.1
TestTrack 2014.1 is here! Released this week, 2014.1 is loaded with new features and updates to improve the visibility, security, and traceability you need to know more and do more. Following are a few of the key improvements in this release. Be sure to read the full release notes for all the details.Email sign up
- If you're a TestTrack user with a current maintenance contract, upgrade now.
- If you're a TestTrack Cloud user, you'll be auto upgraded within the next 7 business days.
- If you're not a current TestTrack user, request your free 30-day evaluation today!
Welcome Home. Important Information Awaits.The first change you'll notice when you log into 2014.1 is TestTrack's new Home page. With the Home page, you can immediately know more about your project, including what needs your attention, key project metrics, and other important activity. The customizable page lets you view project information at a glance and helps you do more with quick access to your work items and tasks. Your Home page is your personal resource for answering important project-related questions, such as:
- What needs my immediate attention?
- What am I working on next?
- What are team members working on?
Spotlight Important Data with Field StylesIn TestTrack 2104.1, you can now use colors, icons, and different fonts to spotlight important information in list windows and reports. Whether it's highlighting high risk items in red or flagging accepted requirements in green, configurable field styles make it easy to scan a list window or report and quickly identify items that require attention. You can change the background and foreground colors, set the text in italics or bold face, use custom icons, and more. In 2014.1, you can create your own color coding system to make it easier to identify categories, components, priorities, risks, etc. [caption id="attachment_14502" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Use colors, fonts, and icons to make important information stand out.[/caption]
Decompose and Link Requirements and Tasks for Faster TraceabilityTestTrack 2014.1 improves the reusability and traceability of artifacts—including requirements, risk, tests, and tasks—with new item mapping capabilities and rules. Now you can create requirements from existing requirements, simplifying the process of decomposing marketing requirements to product requirements to system specifications and beyond. You can use parent/child relationships for any artifact type to ensure accurate relationships and improved traceability. And you can create rules to enforce processes, such as ensuring that new requirements are added to a document or folder. Traceability is blazing fast in 2014.1. [caption id="attachment_14511" align="aligncenter" width="600"] You can now create requirements from requirements.[/caption]
Find Hidden Risks with Built-In Exploratory TestingDid you know that, on average, exploratory testing finds 11% more defects than scripted testing? To help you take advantage of this powerful tool, we now include Defect Scribe free with TestTrack. With Defect Scribe, you can:
- Create detailed steps to reproduce from ad hoc testing. Defect Scribe records every user action and application screen during a test session, so reproducing even complex multi-step bugs is a breeze!
- Generate scripted regression tests from exploratory sessions. Defect Scribe supports one-click conversion of any recorded test session into a scripted test case, saving you time over manually writing test cases.
- Explore more often without running into some of the common challenges faced when conducting exploratory testing.