What's New in Helix ALM 2017.2
Better Collaboration, New REST API, and More
You can now save and share item lists, manage users and customers in the Helix ALM Web client, retrieve information with the new REST API, and more.
Save and share item lists
You can now save item list tabs to use again later. Tabs help you easily switch between multiple instances of an item list with different columns, filters, and sorting.
You can also share saved tabs with specific users, customers, and security groups to make it easy for them to see helpful information. For example, a team lead may want to share a tab to help her team see issues that need to be fixed for the current release, including each issue’s priority, currently assigned user, and links to related user stories.
To help with onboarding new team members, administrative users can set the default tabs to display in item lists the first time new users in a security group log in.
Note: Item list views configured in Helix ALM 2017.1 and TestTrack 2016.1 and earlier were converted to tabs.
Manage users and customers in Helix ALM Web
You can now manage users and customers in Helix ALM Web from the new Administration area. You can:
- Add users and customers to projects
- View, edit, and delete existing users and customers
- Retrieve global users and customers from the license server
- Promote local users and customers to global
- Run reports based on users and customers
Check out the new REST API
A technical preview of the new Helix ALM REST API is now available. The REST API makes it easier to extend Helix ALM functionality for use with other applications and offers better performance and scalability than the Helix ALM SOAP SDK.
Developers can currently use the REST API to retrieve information about issues. Additional functionality will be available in upcoming Helix ALM releases. If you have feedback about the REST API, contact Perforce Support.
- Set the default font size for multi-line text fields in local options. Desktop client only.
- If your team does not use the Workbook, administrative users can clear the Can See Workbook command in security groups to hide it from users. Desktop client only.
- Generate test runs for multiple test cases at once using the new generateBatchTestRuns operation in the SOAP SDK.
What's New in Helix ALM 2017.1
Improved integration with Helix Versioning Engine
The Helix Versioning Engine integration now has more functionality, more flexibility, and better performance. When working in Helix ALM, you can:
- Add Helix Versioning Engine as a source control provider. See Adding Helix Versioning Engine source control providers.
- Attach changelists to items. See Attaching source control changelists to items.
- View changelists in Helix Swarm
You can also attach changelists to Helix ALM items by including the item tag in comments when submitting changelists from Helix VCS clients.
View Helix ALM items that issues are attached to in JIRA
If you use the JIRA integration to attach issues to Helix ALM items, you can now view the items an issue is attached to in JIRA. This saves time switching between applications as you work. For example, when a tester is working with a JIRA issue, they can quickly see Helix ALM test runs it is attached to. See Working with Helix ALM items in JIRA.
Before users can view Helix ALM items in JIRA, an administrator needs to configure the Helix ALM for JIRA add-on, which is available in the Atlassian Marketplace.
Simplified source control integration configuration
Configuring integration with source control applications is more streamlined and flexible. User source control settings are now configured per project instead of for all projects.
Copy item number
You can now copy the number of an issue, requirement, requirement document, test case, or test run to the clipboard. For example, this can be helpful when writing an email to a team member about an item or when including an item number in a comment when working with source control files.