Visual Merge and Diff Tools
How and why does change happen? When did things go wrong? Discover the answers with Perforce's merge and diff tools. Track and contrast the effects of past and pending work for branches and individual files with ease.
Make Merges Visible
P4Merge lets you visualize the differences between file versions. Color coding makes it easy to resolve conflicts that result from parallel or concurrent development. How?
- Highlight and edit text file differences
- Choose to include or ignore line endings or whitespaces
- Recognize line-ending conventions for Windows (CRLF), Mac (CR), and Unix (LF)
- Use command-line parameters and launch from non-Perforce applications
- Display line numbers when comparing and merging files
Find a Bug in Time
Need to know what changed during a certain window of time? Folder Diff reveals branch and folder history that has occurred between any two points in time, including work pending in local workspace branches. A valuable tool for diagnosing continuous integration bugs, Folder Diff also measures how much code must be resolved in pending merge scenarios.
- Option to exclude files that are modified, unique, or unchanged
- Filter files by name or extension
- Modified assets are organized in familiar file/folder hierarchy
Working with graphical content? Visually compare two versions using Image Diff (within P4Merge) to determine what changed between them. You can even overlay two images to easily isolate pixel-level changes.
- Compare JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, and other file formats
- Extend using the Qt API
- Overlay images or display side-by-side
- Highlight differences on overlaid images