How to Add a Perforce Toolbar in Visual Studio
Everyone has preferences. Whether it's personal or professional, we all have our own ways of doing things. Being a command-line gal myself, I will always prefer using the keyboard over my mouse. There are those who like to drag-and-drop and those who like to right-click. For our Visual Studio plug-in users, we also have a toolbar option.
- Click on Tools | Customize...
- Click on the Toolbars tab
- Select the P4VS checkbox
- Click on the Close button
(Note: Instructions are on Visual Studio 2012.)
The P4VS toolbar will appear. At this point you can also customize what buttons will be displayed on the toolbar.
- Click on the P4VS Toolbar Options dropdown
- Select Add or Remove Buttons
- Check (or uncheck) the desired buttons
Now you'll have a handy customized P4VS toolbar everytime you start Visual Studio.