May 3, 2016
What’s New in Surround SCM 2016 Documentation
Have you upgraded to Surround SCM 2016 yet? If so, here’s a quick rundown of the documentation updates you might want to check out:Email sign up
- Running quick reports includes updated information about running one-time use reports from the Tools > Quick Reports instead of the Reports dialog box.
- Adding shortcuts to run reports from the Source Tree window explains how to create report plug-ins and add custom items to the repository shortcut menu so you can run reports by simply right-clicking a repository in the Source Tree. Changing report menu item names and icons provides information about changing the menu item text and icon for these report shortcuts.
- Changing file viewer and editor text display options includes information about enabling syntax highlighting to display specific text in different styles and colors in the built-in file viewer and editor.
- Adding workflow states includes information about new options to require an electronic signature when the state is set on files and automatically reset files to the default workflow state when the version number changes.
- Setting compliance options provides information about the new compliance server options administrative users can configure to specify electronic signature settings, such as the signature components and the certification message to include with signatures. Overriding server options for specific mainline branches provides information about how to configure specific compliance options for different mainlines.
- Entering electronic signatures explains how to enter an electronic signature to sign off on files for compliance purposes.
- Creating audit trail reports explains how to create new audit trail reports to validate electronic signature records.