December 29, 2013
12 Tips of TestTrack: Searching in TestTrack Web
In TestTrack Web, you can easily search for a specific item by number or items that match text you enter. TestTrack searches for text in summary and description fields, workflow event notes, requirement document name fields, and test case and test run steps.Email sign up
- Open the item list you want to search. For example, if you want to search requirements, click Requirements on the left side of the page and then click the Requirements tab. Only the item type in the open list is searched.
- Click the magnifying glass. The Search box opens.
- Enter the text or item number to search for. If you want to use wildcards, use an asterisk (*) to match zero or more characters or a question mark (?) to match only one character.
- If a filter is applied to the list, select Based on current filter to only search items displayed in the list. If you do not select this option, all items in the list are searched.
- To select additional options for matching and searching open and closed items, click More.
- Click Search. The matching items are displayed and the Find Results filter is applied to the list.