June 29, 2007
Embed TestTrack in the Salesforce.com Interface
Email sign up
Works with TestTrack 7.6 and laterThis article includes the steps to embed TestTrack Web in the Salesforce.com interface. You'll need:
- Your TestTrack Web server to be publicly accessible from the Internet.
- The path to your TestTrack Web server installation. If you're familiar with how web servers work and your IT environment, you can probably guess this. If not, ask the TestTrack administrator or IT staff for help.
- An existing Salesforce.com account and the necessary permissions to customize the account's global interface.
- Embedded access to the TestTrack Web client via a custom tab usable by all of your Salesforce.com users.
Getting StartedTo embed the TestTrack Web client in your Salesforce.com interface, perform the following steps to create a Custom Tab in Salesforce.com.
- Log in to your Saleforce.com account.
- Click the Setup link in the top-right corner of the browser.
- Along the left sidebar, under the App Setup heading, expand the Create menu and click the Tabs link.
Creating the Tab
- Click New to launch the wizard that will guide you through the tab creation process.
Choose Tab Layout
- Select a layout and click Next.
- Note that this tab will be available for all of your Salesforce.com users. We recommend using the single column, or full page width, layout to ensure users will not have to scroll horizontally to view the entire TestTrack Web client interface.
- Set Tab Type to URL, since you're going to be pointing directly to your TestTrack Server installation.
- Enter a short, descriptive Tab Label, such as TestTrack.
- Select a Tab Style. There are a number of tab styles available, including our favorite, the bug!
- Enter the Content Frame Height. We recommend setting this to at least 800 pixels to ensure minimal vertical scrolling within the tab. Ultimately though, how each user has set their TestTrack preferences will affect how much vertical scrolling is needed. The more defects per page they view, the more scrolling they'll have to do.
- Click Next when you finish defining content.
Enter the URL Details
- yourserver - The IP address or public name of the server that hosts your TestTrack Web server components. The TestTrack Web server must be publicly accessible from the Internet.
- cgipath - This was configured when you installed the TestTrack Web server components. If you're running on IIS, the default is scripts. If you're running on Apache, the default is cgi-bin. If don't know the cgipath contact your TestTrack administrator or IT staff for help.
Tada!You're almost finished.
- In Salesforce.com, go to Customize My Tabs.
- Add the TestTrack tab to your interface.
- Click the tab, and you'll be prompted to log in to TestTrack.