December 16, 2015
Seapine's 20th Year in Review
Where did 2015 go? It feels like we were just putting away the holiday decorations and bemoaning the fact that we had to wait a WHOLE YEAR for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and now suddenly it’s December and we already have our movie tickets. Maybe the time went by so quickly because Seapine was humming with activity over the last 12 months. We covered a lot of ground in 2015—including celebrating our 20th anniversary in June! Here’s a quick recap of our year in review, in case you missed something.Email sign up
We Pumped Out New ReleasesWe issued four major product releases in 2015. The first was TestTrack 2015.1, which introduced dashboards to replace the Home page. Dashboards are the easiest, most visible way to stay current with what’s going on in a project and to make sure your whole team is on the same page. We added integrations for Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Jira, too. We also released Surround SCM 2015.1, which included two new code review reports, as well as several other new features and enhancements. Surround’s new Code Review Coverage report has been especially popular with users, allowing them to easily determine if all the code on their project has gone through a code review. There were also two major releases for QA Wizard Pro this year. In February, we announced QA Wizard Pro 2015, which introduced new functionality for setting a main script for the workspace, and other enhancements. And just two months later, we released QA Wizard Pro 2015.1, with even more new features and enhancements. And then we did something really crazy.
We Smashed the Price BarrierIn September, we announced new pricing for QA Wizard Pro—starting at only $25 per month! That’s a steal for an award-winning test automation solution. In today’s agile development environments, test automation is vitally important for maintaining the high pace of software releases. The high cost of test automation tools keeps them out of reach for many teams, which can affect both overall quality and the number of features a team can produce in a given timeframe. With our new pricing, we changed the calculus. QA Wizard Pro’s rock-bottom pricing made test automation accessible to a broader audience, bringing many happy new customers to the Seapine family. And when our customers are happy, we’re happy.
We Helped Customers Be SuccessfulSpeaking of happy customers, we talked to quite a few last year to learn how Seapine’s tools have helped them save time, cut costs, and improve the quality of their software. New customer success stories this year include:
- Invision, a leading provider of multi-platform advertising sales software. Invision is committed to development agility and product innovation, and TestTrack helps them keep that commitment.
- Softing, an influential German engineering company. Softing relies on TestTrack to unite their agile and waterfall development teams across multiple locations and divisions.
- CACI, an innovative provider of IT solutions for clients with statistical and data management needs. CACI's Irish Census team centralized collaboration and improved requirement, test, and issue management with TestTrack.
We Shared Our KnowledgeCustomer stories weren’t the only things we published this year. Several of our in-house experts shared their knowledge with publications such as SD Times, Stickyminds, and Med Device Online.
- Leah Coates, QA Manager talked about why “In the Process of Testing, Change Is Good,” for Stickyminds.
- Larry Nicholson, Life Sciences Business Development Manager, explored the question, “Why Do Medical Device Businesses Fear Modern Electronic Documentation?” for Med Device Online.
- For SD Times, Senior Software Engineer Todd Peak broke down “Five Tips for Making Your Web App Ready for Automated Testing.”