Fetch Large Binary Files in Minutes, Not Hours
Every company is becoming a software company. Files sizes are getting larger, teams are becoming more distributed. In order for teams to be productive across multiple locations, files need to be transferred at real-time rates. Having a version control software platform that can scale efficiently is critical to delivering software faster and with higher quality.
Hear more from Perforce Chief Product Officer, Tim Russell >>
Innovate Without Limits
Helix supports hundreds of millions of transactions a day, billions of files, and petabytes of storage – which means thousands of users can get in, get out, and do what they need to do.
NVIDIA Has Over 8,000 Users...
...and they perform 88.5 million transactions/day.
To put that in perspective, that's:
- 3,867,500 transactions/hour
- 61,458 transactions/minute
- 1024 transactions/second
Git Operations at Helix Speed
We tested concurrent Git shallow clone operations vs. P4 sync operations with Android on a 1 Gbps link and this is what we discovered:
Before: 10 concurrent Git shallow clone operations fetching 1,011 Git repositories from a Git server took 4 hours and 3 minutes
After: 10 concurrent P4 sync operations fetching 1,011 Git repositories (stored in Graph Depot) took 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Pick Up The Pace with Helix Core
Leave your competition in the dust.
- Binary File Management
- Global Access to Files
- Continuous Everything
- Review and Collaboration
- Helix TeamHub Enterprise
Binary Asset Management
Seamlessly handle large, binary files from a single repository as you build complex software, games optimized for 4K, the next box-office hit, or embedded components for consumer devices:
- CAD, CAE, CAM
- Graphics and Video
- 3D Modeling
- Simulation Files
- Build Artifacts
Global Access to Files
Perforce federated architecture is one of the fastest ways to keep remote sites synchronized with your central servers so teams always have the latest version of everything within grasp.
Perforce federated architecture:
- Distributes workload to local server replicas.
- Eliminates round-trips to a central server.
- Replicates behind the scenes to keep everything in sync.
- Supports third-party WAN accelerators to further enhance federated deployments.
Continuous Integration, Faster Builds, and Continuous Delivery
No matter your setup, Helix Core powers high performance continuous integration, build, and delivery environments:
- Support tens of thousands of concurrent users and files of any size or type.
- Boost transaction rates through lockless reads for improved database concurrency.
- Store your project as a mono repo on your desktop workspace for faster, easier builds when working remotely.
- Sync down multi-GB of data to remote build machines.
Code Collaboratively in Helix Swarm
Helix Swarm is a code review and collaboration tool that offers native integration with Helix Core for faster iteration and seamless workflows.
Deploy Helix Swarm as a local instance in a remote location by connecting it to the central server so that remote users can speed up connection and start the code review process through their local instance.
Forget Everything You Thought You Knew
Enterprise Git solutions have never satisfied the needs of true enterprises. Helix TeamHub Enterprise, powered by Helix4Git, raises the bar, delivering unprecedented performance, instant scale, and complete control over your source code and build artifact repositories:
- Achieve jaw-dropping build performance — up to 80% faster!
- Centrally manage large source code and artifact repositories without limitation on file numbers, types, or sizes.
- Collaborate on a modern, intuitive platform to streamline development with branch-based code review, Kanban boards, project-based Wikis, and more.
- Speed up code reviews with issue tracking, side-by-side diffs, code browsing, code comparison, code search, highlighting, linking and more.
Best Practices for Version Management
You’re drowning in options: Helix Core, Git, SVN, Mercurial. But which one should you choose? Become a lean, mean version-control-choosing machine when you download this guide to assessing and deploying quality, productive, and robust software version management
Try It Free
Helix gives growing teams the tools they need to take development projects from start to finish. Try any of our version control, developer collaboration, or agile project management products today — free.
Check It Out
Got Git growing pains? Want faster builds? Get Helix TeamHub.
Get In Touch
Have questions? We're here to help!