Perforce Announces 2014 Versionary Award Winners
ALAMEDA, Calif. (September 17, 2014) - Perforce Software today announced the winners of its second annual Versionary Awards, recognizing customers that use Perforce’s enterprise version management solutions to drive innovation in their industries.
Winners across various categories of versioning excellence will be recognized at MERGE 2014, Perforce’s user conference, held this year in San Francisco from September 17–19.
2014 Versionary Award winners are:
- Most Unusual File Stored in Perforce: adidas & WB Games
- adidas, Europe’s largest sportswear manufacturer and creators of some of the most stylish shoes in the world, stores the designs for their famous footwear in Perforce.
- People might think that Batman lives in the Bat Cave or Gotham City, but for WB Games, their versions of Batman live in a Perforce depot.
- Most Innovative Application of Perforce: Time Warner Cable & Boeing/Jeppesen
- Time Warner Cable has incorporated Perforce into their production deployment processes to aid in distributing software products to 14 million devices in 11 million subscriber homes.
- Boeing/Jeppesen uses Perforce to build software supporting airborne navigation systems, flight planning services, pilot training and airline operations management.
- Best Adoption of Continuous Delivery Systems: Microsoft Mobile & NetApp
- At Microsoft Mobile, 1,200 developers across five global sites working on the Windows Phone’s OS and application software use Perforce to store all related assets.
- At NetApp, nearly 4,000 developers create hourly builds for NetApp® Data ONTAP®, the #1 branded storage operating system in the world according to analyst firm IDC.1
- Best Use of Perforce for Auditing and Compliance: EMC
- Perforce and its audit history capabilities allow EMC to pass the vigorous audits of its entire software development lifecycle, which FDA regulations demand of the pharmaceutical companies served by EMC.
- Best Globalization: Bally Technologies and Barclays
- The world’s oldest slot machine manufacturer, Bally Technologies, has developers around the world releasing updates for slot, online and mobile games—multiple times per week.
- Barclays developers across Africa, Asia Pacific, Central America, Europe, India and North America store source code in the company’s shared Perforce server.
- Best Use of Perforce by DevOps Teams: MathWorks
- MathWorks, the creators of MATLAB, the language of technical computing, and Simulink, the embedded systems model simulator, have been using Perforce for almost ten years and version their entire DevOps environment in Perforce.
- Best Perforce Product Developed by Customer: Trend Micro
- Trend Micro built a system for monitoring project status using Perforce metadata. This tool monitors KPIs such as lines of code in a particular project, code size increase and types of languages used. It then correlates this project defect data to help manage project quality and team productivity.
- Best Use of Open Source with Perforce: Infinera
- Optical transmission equipment manufacturer Infinera uses Perforce and OpenGrok for source code search and cross referencing.
- Perforce World Records:
- Biggest file: Nuance
- Most CI/CD transactions: EA
- Largest depot: Qualcomm
- Highest number of product updates per day: 22cans
"We are privileged to say that our customers are some of the most innovative and influential companies in the world," said Christopher Seiwald, founder and CEO of Perforce. "The Versionary Awards are our way of recognizing the great ways they apply Perforce to push the envelope of what’s possible."
1 IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker 2014 Q1, June 2014 (Open Networked Disk Storage Systems revenue)
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles — from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and release tracking and visibility. The company’s version control solutions are well known for securely managing change across all digital content — source code, art files, video files, images, libraries — while supporting the developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by the world’s most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft, and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason, OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.