Perforce Software Introduces Powerful Server Clustering Capabilities
- New capabilities in the Perforce versioning engine, P4D, enable support for tens of thousands of concurrent users in a single data center, adding a high availability option with automated failover
- A new cluster management utility, P4CMGR, simplifies setup and ongoing maintenance
ALAMEDA, Calif. (January 13, 2015) – Perforce Software today announced the addition of powerful server clustering capabilities for its version management engine, further extending the performance and scalability of the Perforce version management platform. Introducing a more reliable and horizontally scalable architecture for global collaboration, the latest release brings greater scalability and a new high availability (HA) deployment topology. Additionally, a newly unveiled cluster management utility, P4CMGR, streamlines the addition of new Perforce servers and provides monitoring for fast, automated switchover in case of failure.
- A Scalable, Global Platform: The Perforce server cluster distributes workloads across multiple nodes. This workload distribution is invisible to users, who connect normally while the cluster intelligently assigns workload to nodes. Additional capacity may be added incrementally as needed to maintain consistent performance.
- Reaching Zero Down-Time: High availability is made possible by a standby depot server that ensures all users keep working when the master depot server must be taken offline for maintenance or fails. Automated switchover ensures a new level of uptime confidence vital for financial services, health care, manufacturing and other highly regulated industries.
- Improved Manageability: For optimum flexibility, system administrators can use the cluster manager utility to modify their deployment topology at any time.
These new features build upon Perforce’s existing federated architecture, which provides local LAN speeds over Internet WAN connections.
“Businesses today need a 24/7 development platform that supports distributed teams working together around the clock,” said Christopher Seiwald, founder and CEO of Perforce. “Our server clustering brings the zero-down-time ideal within reach while letting administrators expand capacity incrementally for on-demand growth at any scale.”
Perforce powers innovation at unrivaled scale. Perforce solutions future-proof competitive advantage by driving quality, security, compliance, collaboration, and speed – across the technology lifecycle. We bring deep domain and vertical expertise to every customer, so nothing stands in the way of success. Our global footprint spans more than 80 countries and includes over 75% of the Fortune 100. Perforce is trusted by the world’s leading brands to deliver solutions to even the toughest challenges. Accelerate technology delivery, with no shortcuts. Get the Power of Perforce.