Perforce Announces Winners of its Software Development Innovation Awards
ALAMEDA, Calif. (April 13, 2016) – Perforce Software today announced the winners of its third annual Versionary Awards, which honor customers using the Perforce Helix collaboration and version control platform to stay at the forefront of innovation in their industries.
The winners will be recognized at MERGE 2016, the Perforce user conference taking place April 13 – 15 in San Francisco.
The 2016 Perforce Versionary Award winners are:
- Most Life-changing Product Built Using Perforce Helix: Nuance Communications, Inc.
Dragon Naturally Speaking from Nuance truly transforms lives of the disabled by allowing users hands-free control of their computers.
- Most Lifestyle-changing Product Built Using Perforce Helix: GoPro
Thanks to GoPro, thrill-seekers can capture high-quality recordings of their adventures while the spectacular footage allows the rest of us to live vicariously through them from a safe zone.
- Best Perforce Helix-based Product Developed by Customer: myVR Software AS
The leader in 3D virtual reality technology for government and industries such as oil & gas and building & construction created a custom Perforce-to-Git mapping system to enable users to easily download the company’s SDK.
- Most Global Collaboration Using Perforce Helix: Slightly Mad Studios
Slightly Mad’s team is spread across 24 locations and 21 countries. Thanks to Helix, anyone can update a file and know that everyone else in the company will have that change without hunting through FTP sites or email.
- Best Use of Perforce Helix for DevOps: Scania
Scania is making great headway toward adopting DevOps as the standard development methodology for all of its Connected Services applications, and Perforce Helix is at the center of its processes.
- Best Revert/How Perforce Helix Saved My Bacon: Arkane Studios
A quick spin up of an Edge Server saved Arkane Studios’ productivity, and its bacon. In the gaming world, missing deadlines such as holiday shopping orders makes a life-or-death difference for a company.
- Best Use of Behavioral Analytics: Kabam
As a leader in AAA console-quality games for mobile devices, Kabam understands the importance of protecting its IP and uses Helix Threat Detection to get ahead of compromised accounts.
- Most Unexpected Use of Version Control: Brainlab AG
Brainlab uses Helix to produce both software and hardware in the fields of radiotherapy, radiosurgery, image-guided neurosurgery and intraoperative imaging.
- Most Git Users with Perforce Helix: GE Healthcare
With a growing base of more than 500 Git users, GE Healthcare turned to Perforce to ensure that developers can use their tool of choice while the company’s IP is protected by the enterprise-grade security standards of Helix.
- Most Interesting Integration with Perforce Helix: Methodics, Inc.
Methodics’ integration with Perforce serves more than 1,000 developers at Micron and ensures that the team is working with the latest version of any asset—and effectively sharing IP across the company.
- Best Use of Perforce Helix in Medical Technology: InterSystems
InterSystems’ change control system, CCR, is built on top of Perforce Helix. CCR is used to customize each deployment of TrakCare, the company’s unified healthcare information system.
- Best Use of Perforce Helix in Mobile Devices: Samsung
Samsung is one of the most recognizable names in Android mobile devices. Although a lot of Android developers use Git, Samsung uses Helix to support its many Android and hardware developers worldwide.
- Best Use of Perforce Helix in the Automotive Industry: Harman/Becker Automotive Systems GmbH
From embedded infotainment to telematics and superior safety features, Harman relies on the power of Helix as it raises the bar on connected car technology.
- Best Use of Perforce Helix in Gaming: BANDAI NAMCO
From Pac-Man to the Tekken series, BANDAI NAMCO has shown for more than six decades that it understands what gamers want. We are proud to support its game development.
- Best Use of Perforce Helix in Financial Services Technology: Moody’s Analytics
No name is as synonymous with insight into credit risk as Moody’s Analytics. The company has set the standard for software and data tools trusted by the most influential companies in financial services.
“The Versionary Awards recognize all the great work our customers do using Perforce Helix,” said Janet Dryer, CEO of Perforce. “From gaming, to healthcare, to embedded systems, we are honored to serve some of the most recognizable and influential companies in the world.”