Perforce Patent-Pending Concurrency Technology Yields up to 24X Performance Boost
- Perforce has introduced new concurrency technology in its version management platform that sets a new threshold for throughput in large-scale environments
- Early customers using the new capabilities have benchmarked up to 24X increase in the number of concurrent transactions
- Customers have also realized up to 6X gains in server capacity without any changes to existing hardware
- Benefits include significant increases to developer productivity, reductions in the requirements for machine resources and decrease in maintenance and administration costs
ALAMEDA, Calif. (June 10, 2014) - Perforce Software today announced new patent-pending technology in its version management and collaboration platform that significantly boosts performance of development and DevOps workflows in large-scale environments.
Well reputed for its existing performance and reliability, and with proven sites running tens of millions of versioning transactions a day, Perforce has raised the bar for the performance of versioning engines. The latest release of Perforce’s versioning engine, P4D, gives Perforce customers dramatically higher throughput in high contention environments, while substantially increasing the load capacity of their installations without upgrades to existing hardware.
Perforce’s new concurrency technology increases the number of operations that can be executed simultaneously against P4D. The gain in throughput results in faster cross-team development workflows, as well as faster completion of build, test and integrate processes running against P4D. This boosts overall performance for sites where large numbers of concurrent transactions might be executed per day—as is often the case with organizations that have implemented highly automated Continuous Delivery practices.
Field-Tested in Production Environments
Early adopters of Perforce’s new concurrency technology have seen significant benefits across the entire organization:
- A market-leading security software provider saw a 24X increase in transaction throughput, boosting continuous delivery processes end-to-end.
- A Fortune 50 electronics manufacturer saw a 6X gain in the transaction capacity of their existing servers, improving operational efficiency without requiring hardware upgrades.
- A major gaming company saw a 10X increase in throughput for its most commonly used developer operations, increasing developer productivity in a distributed team spanning worldwide locations.
“Our customers will see dramatic improvements to what is already industry-leading scalability and throughput,” said Perforce founder and CEO Christopher Seiwald. “They will be able to speed-up concurrent use on their existing systems and enable developers to speed up their workflows without any hardware updates.”
Perforce powers innovation at unrivaled scale. Perforce solutions future-proof competitive advantage by driving quality, security, compliance, collaboration, and speed – across the technology lifecycle. We bring deep domain and vertical expertise to every customer, so nothing stands in the way of success. Our global footprint spans more than 80 countries and includes over 75% of the Fortune 100. Perforce is trusted by the world’s leading brands to deliver solutions to even the toughest challenges. Accelerate technology delivery, with no shortcuts. Get the Power of Perforce.