Perforce Improves User Experience in Asia with Products in Korean and Simplified Chinese
- Perforce has localized its core versioning engine, popular visual client, key tools, and documentation into Korean and Simplified Chinese
- The localized versions will bring significant benefits to companies in Asia. A recent study from Forrester Consulting shows that Perforce improves developer productivity by 10 – 15 percent and reduces time-to-market by 25 percent 1
- Perforce partners in Asia Pacific will support the localized products with expert consulting, integration and local support services
ALAMEDA, Calif. (October 16, 2014) - Perforce Software today announced the availability of several of its foundational version management and collaboration products in Korean and Simplified Chinese. The localized software will further support companies in Asia as they streamline their development and release processes.
Perforce fosters collaborative creation and management of digital assets. It scales to support highly automated environments—such as those used in Continuous Delivery practices—and enables teams to work together across department lines on files of any type or size, including source code, configuration files, documents, and large binaries such as video and image files.
The following Perforce products are now available in Korean and Simplified Chinese:
- The Perforce versioning engine protects companies’ IP and serves as the single source of truth repository for all enterprise assets. P4D offers comprehensive support for Git, federation for multi-site teams, and superior scalability.
- P4V, Perforce’s visual client, is the graphical interface for files versioned in P4D. It enables companies to automate branching and merging, see a holistic view of which files are checked out and by whom, and provides a visual graph of a file’s history across various branches.
- P4Admin provides an easy way to administer groups and permissions while providing an overview of running commands and connections.
- P4Merge unifies files, from documents to code to graphical images, by enabling users to visualize differences between file versions and easily resolve conflicts.
- Documentation including Introducing Perforce, P4 Systems Administrator Guide, P4 User Guide, and Perforce Server Administrator's Guide: Multi-Site Deployment.
Perforce solutions and tools are all highly customizable to suit the needs of various organizations.
The Perforce 20/20 Program allows start-ups and small companies to use Perforce products free of charge for up to 20 users or 20 workspaces, and includes access to Perforce’s award-winning technical support.
Traction in the Region
Perforce is used by many of the largest and most successful Korean and Chinese companies, such as consumer electronics leader Samsung, premier games publisher NCSoft, and leading chip manufacturer SK Hynix. Furthermore, the localization of Perforce products follows the success of Perforce partners Shanghai DragonSoft Digital Technology Co., LTD in China and MOUSoft in Korea. Customers in Asia continue to have access to Perforce partners for consulting, integration and local support.
“We’ve localized our products to help companies in Korea and China solve complex collaboration issues that hinder innovation,” said Dave Robertson, VP of Channels at Perforce. “We’ve always been committed to our customers and partners in Asia, and the localization of our products is another way we’re affirming that commitment.”
1 All results based on a composite organization. "The Total Economic Impact™ Of Perforce Version Control: Cost Savings and Business Benefits Enabled by Perforce Version Control,” was conducted by Forrester Consulting and commissioned by Perforce in May 2014